Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letterfrack?

Options
  • 08-12-2012 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi all

just wondering had anyone out there heard anything bad (even a little bit) about GMIT Letterfrack?

thinking i'd like to apply as a mature student next year, occasional 2nd fixing jobs here and there dont really do it for me now.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

Been there, done that. well worth it imo. contacts and an introduction to whats out there is the main benefits i found. dont fool yourself into thinking that you will make a mint working in a tidy wee workshop with a queue of people outside looking for once off bespoke furniture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Have you seen the current exibiton of the students work at Farmleigh.? Well worth a look and you get some good info on Letterfrack. I was surprised at how well equiped they are.
    As its the only cabinet making school in the ROI I don't suppose you have much choice. ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

Theres another one in lurgan in Ni. Not as well known, but if you cant get into letterfrack lurgan does a similar course and some lads used to transfer over, say for degree level.

Advertisement