Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAP 1 Taxation

Options
  • 08-12-2012 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hello!

Just a tiny bit stressed!:)

I was wondering if anyone could direct me towards the CA Proficiency 1 taxation 1 past exam papers and solutions? Apart from the ICAI website as I can't log in there!

Would really appreciate any and all help!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sbyrne025

You should be able to access them all here without needing your login http://students.charteredaccountants.ie/Student-Information/Exams/Papers-Solutions-Reports/Papers/CAP11/

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ConfusedSheep

I am doing the Taxation CAP 1 exam as an external candidate and am slightly confused as to the prep to be done. As external candidates you only have access to the video lectures and the textbook. I have watched all the videos and taken down the slides notes plus additional notes. I am currently half way through learning the textbook but I am petrified that I will fail the exam. Are the question banks an advantage? because we don't have access to them

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

I am doing the Taxation CAP 1 exam as an external candidate and am slightly confused as to the prep to be done. As external candidates you only have access to the video lectures and the textbook. I have watched all the videos and taken down the slides notes plus additional notes. I am currently half way through learning the textbook but I am petrified that I will fail the exam. Are the question banks an advantage? because we don't have access to them

I'm not sure how literal you are being but I wouldn't waste time learning the book. The key to cap 1 tax is practice, practice, practice. Review the basics of your notes, gain an appreciation for the theory e.g. badges of trade but the majority of your time should be doing every exam paper you can get your hands on!

Advertisement