Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

law

Options
  • 08-12-2012 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

can someone doing law please help as I'm a first year student and finding it impossible to find cases online and then understand,can someone please tell me the facts of hanafin v minister for education aswell as why was mckenna v an taoseach(no.1) not granted and the NO.2 was granted?
    would really appreciate any help!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

You sure that's not meant to be Hanafin v Min for the Environment?

Were you not told how to use Lexis and Westlaw and all that?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 pons

yes sorry i actually did mean hanafin v min for environment!westlaw doesn't help me,it only gives me a short intro and that's it unless I don't know how to use it properly and I don't know about lexus,will try it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Don't forget to get back to tell us if ya worked it out.
    When you can't find a case online (although it is quite rare), you can always try the manual method :P

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭edgal

Just read the beginning and end of the cases available on westlaw.ie (to access the site go through your ucd library account)
    Also Daly's lecture notes about the separation of powers have summaries of Hanafin v Min for the Environment, mckenna v an taoseach 1 & 2.

Rothmans wrote: »
    Don't forget to get back to tell us if ya worked it out.
    When you can't find a case online (although it is quite rare), you can always try the manual method :P
    yes i did get it leis working,thanks!:)

• Advertisement

edgal wrote: »
    Just read the beginning and end of the cases available on westlaw.ie (to access the site go through your ucd library account)
    Also Daly's lecture notes about the separation of powers have summaries of Hanafin v Min for the Environment, mckenna v an taoseach 1 & 2.

thanks ALOT!:D

Advertisement