Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wondering about car insurance companies that only ask bout claim in the past 3 years?

Options
  • 08-12-2012 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Just wondering if anyone could help me out with a question I have.
    I had a claim against me it will be 3 years ago in febuary.I have been away in australia the past few years and now I am back,I rang my insurance company for a quote and got quoted ridiculous money due to the claim.But they told me its due to drop off in febuary because 3 years will have passed.I would like not to be limited to the one insurance company but most other ones ask about any claims in the past 5 years.D

Basically does anyone know of any companys who ask about claims in the past 3 years rather than 5 in Ireland.I hear there is a few but would be forever checking ever single one.
    Any help or input is appreciated.
    Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Go to a broker. They'll know.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭micko4

Not a bad idea cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Avien

Liberty only ask for 3 years. But yeah, broker would be your best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭micko4

Avien wrote: »
    Liberty only ask for 3 years. But yeah, broker would be your best bet
    Yeah that's who I was last with but was hoping there was a few so I could shop around.

Advertisement