Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sort-of Veteran looking to upgrade

Options
  • 08-12-2012 3:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭

Well I've been vaping for a year and a half or so, I love it. Unfortunately I have very limited finances for this at the moment, I'm still enjoying the money I save from smoking so much that I'm hesitant to invest heavily in vaping.

I have three Ego-T batteries and I order a bottle of 50ml juice and three dual core cartomisers every few weeks. It's bugging me now though, the batteries run out too quickly and while the DCCs are grand, I'd like a little bit more flavour/hit and less topping up.

Is there a slight upgrade I could make that wouldn't cost a fortune? I'd like a variable battery but the Bully and those are so expensive. I used tanks when I started but the atomisers were unreliable, I've much preferred cartomisers.

So basically I'm looking for an affordable heavy duty battery and an affordable carto-type medium that's better than the old school DCCs. Any input appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

cheap good tanks would be the kangers either the t2 or t3, initial tank costs you €5.50, replacement head is €2 but the heads can last from 2 weeks to a month. batteries i cant comment on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

your batteries are draining so fast because you're using dual coils, they drain batteries faster than I drain an iced coffee, which is pretty ****ing fast

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

And for such little reward on a normal eGo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

oh hush grimmgreen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Oh c'mawn! I know you know! 2 x 4 watts = 0

Hrmmm. You won't like what I was just doing then...
    I even resized the images for you Digby.

Ahem *clears throat*

The cheapest heavy duty battery is the Vamo if you register and buy it from e-cigshop.eu before the end of December 10th (30% discount at the moment to celebrate their birthday).

You'll need batteries to go into it and a charger for the batteries, as well as whatever devices you might want to try.

Bear in mind I don't know how limited your limited finances are, but these shopping lists have everything you need besides liquid for taking a gigantic leap upwards and trying a few things out. If you really want the best of flavour and hit, you'll have to get nerdy like some of us and get into rebuildables (Pro: cheap/Con: time-suck).
    That can come later though.

884a7.jpg

YtlYr.jpg

To get all of that for under €80 using those discount codes is something I could only have dreamed of one year ago. Or even six months ago.

If you're comfy with the eGos, get a couple of eGo Twists.
    I read "heavy duty" as "heavy duty".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Well it sounds like the Bulli Classic would suit you down to the ground. Holds probably up to 2ml, easy to set up, lasts absolutely forever and can be used as a dripper or a cartridge and there's an upgrade kit which can convert it to a tank option too.

http://bulli-smoker.de/index.php?a=67&lang=eng

I know it costs around 40 euro but you'll never need to spend another penny on kit if you aren't into trying out all of the latest flash in the pan stuff. I know a few of us on here who swear by the Bulli. We end up spending money on other new kits but go back to Bulli's again.

You can change the resistance by using more or less turns of wire so the eGo battery will work well with it too.

Advertisement