Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shooting star last (fri) night?

Options
  • 08-12-2012 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I was outside looking at the crisp & clear & full of stars beautiful night sky approx 2330 last night & out of the corner of my eye thought I saw a really quick flash of white light across a small part of the sky, almost like a straight line. It only lasted a second or two & by the time I brought my wife's attention to it, it was gone. Did anyone else notice this? could this have been a shooting star?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Capri86

gombeen99 wrote: »
    I was outside looking at the crisp & clear & full of stars beautiful night sky approx 2330 last night & out of the corner of my eye thought I saw a really quick flash of white light across a small part of the sky, almost like a straight line. It only lasted a second or two & by the time I brought my wife's attention to it, it was gone. Did anyone else notice this? could this have been a shooting star?

Yes more than likely a shooting star, on a clear night it's not uncommon to see them. It's always great to see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

See one while driving home from work this evening, it was heading straight down as opposed to across the sky, first time ive seen one coming at such a right angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭board.eddy

I was heading to work this morn and about 400 meteres (just a guess) there was a light sweeping across the sky, looked like it was on a downward path towards the ground, then it vanished.
    Can anyone explain this ?? In South tipp area, carrick on suir

Advertisement