Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "new" Kreg rip-cut

Options
  • 07-12-2012 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

I ordered one of these from amazon.com earlier http://www.amazon.com/Kreg-KMA2675-Rip-Cut/dp/B007K5HIFS

and wondering if anyone else has had experience with them?? judging by reviews they seem to be fairly decent for ripping down sheets to uniform width without having to measure then either use a straight edge or a track saw... its basically an advanced version of the rip fence that comes with your circular saw but allows a cut upto 600mm so will allow you to rip a sheet to any size in theory.

For anyone who is interested it worked out to be about €65 for the item and postage to Ireland (which did in fact mean the postage cost more then the product) but having searched around the only other place that I could find this side of the world that sold them is someone in the UK for nearly £200 (clearly trying to make a quick buck).

It should be here on Wednesday so ill give a review then...

Steven.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭slpower01

slpower01 wrote: »
    I ordered one of these from amazon.com earlier http://www.amazon.com/Kreg-KMA2675-Rip-Cut/dp/B007K5HIFS

and wondering if anyone else has had experience with them?? judging by reviews they seem to be fairly decent for ripping down sheets to uniform width without having to measure then either use a straight edge or a track saw... its basically an advanced version of the rip fence that comes with your circular saw but allows a cut upto 600mm so will allow you to rip a sheet to any size in theory.

For anyone who is interested it worked out to be about €65 for the item and postage to Ireland (which did in fact mean the postage cost more then the product) but having searched around the only other place that I could find this side of the world that sold them is someone in the UK for nearly £200 (clearly trying to make a quick buck).

It should be here on Wednesday so ill give a review then...

Steven.

Scratch that amazon kept changing my delivery date saying it is still on time when in fact I eventually got hold of a manager who admitted it was not in stock and won't be till mid January despite the fact I paid 44 dollars for 2 day shipping because it said the item was in stock.

Be careful with amazon because if you have to contact customer services you will be put onto incompetent people who don't know what they are doing and fill you full of ****.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

For anyone who doesnt know what the Kreg rip-cut is...then have a look at this........

Advertisement