Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen Cooper

Options
  • 07-12-2012 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

He's starting on SPIN tomorrow.... exciting times :) :

stephenc.JPG

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

gavindowd wrote: »
    He's starting on SPIN tomorrow.... exciting times :) :

stephenc.JPG
    Cool, he's on at 2.45pm, does this mean the club collection will still be on later? I I hope so!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭gavindowd

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Cool, he's on at 2.45pm, does this mean the club collection will still be on later? I I hope so!

Yeah, I'd say so as he records the club collection during the week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

This is great news as Steven Cooper deserves some form of daytime slot, even if it is at the weekends initially. I liked Shona (she is way better than Nikki Hayes IMO) but I suppose her management commitments took preference.
    We'll probably only hear Steven talk for about 3 minutes an hour but it will be nice to have him on on Saturdays nonetheless.
    SPIN are certainly shaking up the schedule ATM......

I see that he is just covering Shona's show tomorrow. All this for nothing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Cookie Policy

smurfs5 wrote: »
    I see that he is just covering Shona's show tomorrow. All this for nothing!!

Covering leads to more work!!

• Advertisement

Covering leads to more work!!

Yeah I suppose you're right. Isn't Nikki Hayes pregnant? If she is, perhaps he will cover the 9.45-12.45 weekday slot

Yeah I suppose you're right. Isn't Nikki Hayes pregnant? If she is, perhaps he will cover the 9.45-12.45 weekday slot

I hadn't heard, where did you hear that?

I hadn't heard, where did you hear that?

I thought I saw it on Twitter. I saw loads of the SPIN presenters congratulating her and her partner. She might be getting married instead. Now that I think about it, it makes more sense that they're getting married.

I thought I saw it on Twitter. I saw loads of the SPIN presenters congratulating her and her partner. She might be getting married instead. Now that I think about it, it makes more sense that they're getting married.

Hmm, probably. Does that mean he won't be going to Lebanon anymore? He must be settling down. [None of my bussiness anyway.]

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭gavindowd

His links were the shortest I've ever heard in my life....'that was...'-'this is...'

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Sounds like a lot of Spin links anyway (I'd imagine 103.8 is the same as the South West one)

marno21 wrote: »
    Sounds like a lot of Spin links anyway (I'd imagine 103.8 is the same as the South West one)

I know what gavindowd means. He was calling back a winner of tickets for the Fully Charged Jingle Ball, something which is a big deal on SPIN, and he was like- here's the tickets, Rihanna's next on SPIN.
    It was his first solo presenting job on SPIN so he didn't do a bad job considering but I felt that he wasn't THAT enthusiastic about doing it. Perhaps he was a little tired having rushed there after DJing for 2 hours in Arnotts. He did well though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

Cannot understand why quick links need to be devoid of personality. Nikki has practically no rapport with listeners anymore compared to her time on 2fm, her links are stripped right back now, its a shame, and cooper has bags of personality which will be wasted on spin. Spin and fm 104 are both guilty of having robots for dj's yet they are two of the most popular stations in dublin, i cannot for the life of me understand why.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

heybaby wrote: »
    Cannot understand why quick links need to be devoid of personality. Nikki has practically no rapport with listeners anymore compared to her time on 2fm, her links are stripped right back now, its a shame, and cooper has bags of personality which will be wasted on spin. Spin and fm 104 are both guilty of having robots for dj's yet they are two of the most popular stations in dublin, i cannot for the life of me understand why.
    A lot of people want non stop music with no waffle. Look at Andy Mac on the drive on Beat. After the news he basically races through songs from 17:30 to 17:50 with just here was ... this is.. . It compacts the music together and then he can do a bit of talking before the news at 17:50.

I'd imagine Nikki Hayes' links are short because she now has to do links for both Dublin and the South West according to a post I saw recently.

Most of Nikki's links have to be generic now, Spini calls etc. are spilt. She was on Fully Charged this morning actually anyone hear her?

Advertisement