Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Munster's First Third Jersey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

Penney's none too happy about having to wear it either. Nice jersey though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Penney's none too happy about having to wear it either. Nice jersey though.

When did he say that Cpt?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

What even is the point of this thread?

They are having to wear this one off because sky said neither of munsters kits are distinct enough from sarries.

Its a one off, not gonna be put on sale. No big deal. Was in the Munster thread like 3 weeks ago when it was announced...

When did he say that Cpt?

Just what I heard. The Q&A session tonight - along with the red-clad and drunk supporters it brings - is being held in the hotel where the Saracens lads are staying. Great way for Penney to welcome them to Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

Just what I heard. The Q&A session tonight - along with the red-clad and drunk supporters it brings - is being held in the hotel where the Saracens lads are staying. Great way for Penney to welcome them to Limerick.

Hahaha that is a fantastic way to introduce the 16th man xD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭DerTierarzt

Tomtom364 wrote: »
    What even is the point of this thread?

They are having to wear this one off because sky said neither of munsters kits are distinct enough from sarries.

Its a one off, not gonna be put on sale. No big deal. Was in the Munster thread like 3 weeks ago when it was announced...

It's sneaky Dickens though, Saracens could have just worn their alternative jersey, and were asked to do so by ERC twice. This might not be for everyone, but I for one find it interesting that this technically is Munster's first third European jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Tomtom364 wrote: »

Who is running the Heineken Cup; the ERB or Sky?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I'd side with Sky if they say the jerseys are too similar.

There are a few examples of teams playing in jerseys they think don't clash but then you're watching on tv and thinking why on Earth are these two teams playing in such similar jerseys.

Ireland and SA is a good example. It was the blacks against the dark greens!

698488-300x251.jpg

CatFromHue wrote: »

There are a few examples of teams playing in jerseys they think don't clash but then you're watching on tv and thinking why on Earth are these two teams playing in such similar jerseys.

I don't think anyone would have any issues with Sky making Munster change jersey. Saracens refusing to wear their alternative strip is completely different though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,713 ✭✭✭✭phog

698488-300x251.jpg

What happens when NZ play SA? No need for jersey changes that I recall.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I don't think anyone would have any issues with Sky making Munster change jersey. Saracens refusing to wear their alternative strip is completely different though.

Fair enough.....I can hear Anthony Foley's team talk all ready:pac:
    phog wrote: »
    What happens when NZ play SA? No need for jersey changes that I recall.

No but the New Zealand jersey doesn't have a green strip or two on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

connachtglasgow1.jpg

No but the New Zealand jersey doesn't have a green strip or two on it.

and that makes all the differnce :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Can't see why Sarries wouldn't change, they wanted the game played in New York originally, not like they're sticklers for tradition or anysuch

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

and that makes all the differnce :eek:

There was quite a lot of green on that kit to be fair, when you watch from a distance it is a bit confusing:

Jaco+Taute+Ireland+v+South+Africa+dyMRzlHBQtxl.jpg

Tox56 wrote: »
    There was quite a lot of green on that kit to be fair, when you watch from a distance it is a bit confusing:

Jaco+Taute+Ireland+v+South+Africa+dyMRzlHBQtxl.jpg

The main body of the Irish jersy is blackand the togs is black, I really didn't see an issue.

Maybe inside in a ruck and a leg is trapping or kicking a ball but other than that I think there shouldn't be a problem.

In a split second you have no difficulty with these pics?

IrelandVSouthAfricaNov12b_large.jpg

1692192,h=425,pd=1,w=620.jpg

IrelandVSouthAfricaNov12b_large.jpg

1692192,h=425,pd=1,w=620.jpg

No more that with a full all black jersey, the bits of green really dont make it any harder or easier.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

For the first time ever, Munster will wear a one-off third European jersey next weekend against Saracens in the Heineken Cup. For more information feel free to PM me, but for now, here's a photo taken from Munster Rugby's official site.
    Was not the Toyota Auris jerseys of last year not a one off third European Jersey?

No more that with a full all black jersey, the bits of green really dont make it any harder or easier.

Fair enough, to me they are too alike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

Wasn't as bad as the pics might portray. Light at stadium and represented through aperture-adjusted lens two different things.

There was no confusion over colours in the Ireland match.
    Neither the South Africans or New Zealanders have ever complained before when playing each other either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Fair enough, to me they are too alike.

Plus we're looking at clean jerseys, cover them all in mud and it's a different ball game.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭DerTierarzt

Was not the Toyota Auris jerseys of last year not a one off third European Jersey?

Hmm... Fair point, never thought about that (see they're being auctioned by the way, for charity no less), but they're not really a different jersey, just a different sponsor - if that were the case then technically Ireland had a third jersey in their "O2 Money" jerseys?

Advertisement