Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making a Christmas Jumper

Options
  • 07-12-2012 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hey All

Need some ideas of what I can add to a jumper to make it a really tacky chritsmas jumper?
    I have already got lights added to the tree anything else completely out there? need to win a tacky jumper competition :D:D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭ameliadad

why not sew a Christmas Stocking to the front or back and fill it with toys!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Clip loads of candy canes to it- people can help themselves to a cane!
    And if the people judging the competition get a candy cane it could tip the scales in your favour. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

I did one a few years ago (and a skirt too!). You can sew some christmas ribbon on the edges (collar, cuffs, end). The pound shop is great for bits you can cut out from stockings or bibs and sew onto your jumper. You'll find loads of stuff you can hang from it too. Good luck!

Sew on big tacky baubles as well. Or you know those child-sized Christmas crackers you can get? They are really light, so wouldn't weigh you down. Don't forget to show us a picture of your handiwork for the craic! We won't point and laugh - promise :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 Lizabellem

Pennys has sold out of Christmas Jumpers, the shock, the horror !
    So I bought candy canes, bows and xmas decoration and will pop them on to a jumper.
    Since I cannot sow and selotape will look taky. What is the best way ?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Glue or maybe staples for the bows? I once stapled a hem on horrid work trousers and they held up until I got home!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 Lizabellem

Cheers !!! Turned out well actually !! Thanks oh and Merry Christmas !

Merry Christmas to you as well, glad the jumper turned out well. Have fun wearing it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Kaz88

Here you go :) did the hair too the red nose flashes :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Dunnes have battery powered led lights - for vases & stuff , but just wrap them around your jumper - e3 I think.

I have a 50 led 3 colour flashing set - kids hate & love them.

:D tacky-tastic

K

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Youtube a few videos of how to sow! It's pretty simple to just attach things!

Kaz88 wrote: »
    Here you go :) did the hair too the red nose flashes :D

Kaz88- your hair was BRILLIANT!!! I'm stealing your idea for my small girl if you don't mind!! I showed her there and she is full of "wow"s :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 LemonWorld

Credit to the Cool Pics Forum where I robbed this from. Not really one for Christmas morning with the family I'll admit, but if you want a statement jumper for a night out...N98RO7fTDk6_Al_4yTP7GQ2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Kaz88

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Kaz88- your hair was BRILLIANT!!! I'm stealing your idea for my small girl if you don't mind!! I showed her there and she is full of "wow"s :D

Of course Mayo Gurl very easy to do!! Got the lil antlers in the pound shop for about 2euro then made the eyes from cardboard cut outs and stuck white paper to them and then stick two hairclips on them. Then used one of those buns you buy in pennys and the nose came with antler hairband it flashes
    All in all about 6 or 7 euro and makes a big statement :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I made this. The Santa cost €1 in the Euro Shop and I sewed him onto a jumper!

3F58AAED-B517-4891-9F2B-0DB169A16964-369-00000138BC0D13D3.jpg

Advertisement