Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apollo 17 - 40th Anniversary

Options
  • 07-12-2012 9:11am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The last Human flight to the Moon was launched 40 years ago today. Apollo 17 launched at 00:33 EST on December 7 1972. The first and only night launch of the Saturn V rocket.

600pxapollo17insignia.png

apollo17crew.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Beeker wrote: »
    The last Human flight to the Moon was launched 40 years ago today. Apollo 17 launched at 00:33 EST on December 7 1972. The first and only night launch of the Saturn V rocket.

Beeker if i say i remember it , does it make me older than Lord Lucan ? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭vonbarracuda

Anyone with an interest in Space , Gene Cernans book " last man on the moon" is a must read

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Stargate wrote: »
    Beeker if i say i remember it , does it make me older than Lord Lucan ? :eek:
    Ah Lord Lucan is only a boy:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Anyone with an interest in Space , Gene Cernans book " last man on the moon" is a must read
    Yeah its a great book.

Advertisement