Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy Y or Experia Tipo

Options
  • 06-12-2012 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

Missus wants one of the 2

Was going to get her the Lumia 800 on meteor but she's not happy that there is no bluetooth :D

Any reviews on the Y or Tipo?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Tommay

Ofourse there's Bluetooth on the Lumia 800. Where did you hear/read that there wasn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

The galaxy Y is quiet small its a very basic smartphone if that what you looking for, galaxy Ace fairly basic smartphone too but slightly bigger but both easy to hold and screens be ok the y one have a smaller screen than the ace.

The sony xperia tipo is a fairly basic smartphone too, the miro is suppose to be slightly better I think not sure if that out or not yet on Irish networks have a look out for it. Some specs aren't always true, some don't state everything and some mix things up a bit i've noticed in my research in looking for a suitable smartphone. Haven't tried the Nokia Lumia, Nokia are good but so sure if they good as smartphones? Windows OS should be pretty good though. I've tried sony, samsung and HTC alright.

Compare phones and get reviews it helps in your decision making but its worth checking them out for yourself and testing them in the shops to see which suits better. Samsung are slightly easier to use than the sony one's that's from my experience of trying various smartphones as I am in the look out for one myself and be a first time smartphone user never used one before until I started trying them out in the shops! It all depends what you are looking for in the phone, what features and how well you can use them, how you like the design and how you find the phone overall.

Amazon is very good for reviews, compare all the reviews by car phone warehouse and all the other networks, couple of other good websites. Look websites that compare phones and give reviews. Videos on youtube have reviews of the phones too. Best way to decide on a phone is to try it out for yourself each smartphone be slightly different in terms of its features and what its gimmick is. Advisers from the shops might give you an idea what phones to go for but if clueless as to what they say to you about such and such a phone you have the right to choose the right one for you, so best to try them out!

Advertisement