Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stanley Cara Insert Stove - Best Price?

Options
  • 06-12-2012 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hi, Looking at getting a Cara Insert Stove in Seno (and KICKING myself for not getting that voucher at the ploughing championships this year that would have saved me €200). I saw the seno one for €999 in the Countrylife shop in Kilmeaden, Waterford and think that this is about the best price I'm going to get one for - the RRP seems to be €1,099. If anyone knows where I could get a better price somewhere else I'd really appreciate it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Someone on biker.ie said its 899 in ryans stoves:http://www.ryanstoves.ie/
    Says on the site that there free nationwide delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭johnwd

paddyp - You're a gent - thanks very much for the info. €950 was the best price I could get from them - but it's still 50 cheaper than I could find elsewhere. Thanks very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Is there a lot of downsides to an inset stove as opposed to a freestanding one?

I started this thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056825252 and I'm not too sure which way to go for either place. Do ryansstoves have a good reputation? Would they have somebody who could come and assess/measure/determine which stove to go for? Would stanley be a premium brand for stoves or budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 hollyandtobers

johnwd wrote: »
    paddyp - You're a gent - thanks very much for the info. €950 was the best price I could get from them - but it's still 50 cheaper than I could find elsewhere. Thanks very much!
    It may be worth noting that the stanley cara is not defra approved. I have come across the Achill inset which is very similar to the cara and has the added attraction of being defra approved and less expensive for both the matt and enamel finishes

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

we got a stanly free standing stove last year . we didnt think our fireplace and hearth were big enough we had thought we would need an insert . But we found a father and son who install them . They reckoned that inserts were barely better than open fires . I have to say the free standing stove is the best thing we ever got for the house . They didnt need to modify tge fireplace or the hearth other than bricking up the gap . We got the smallest stanly stove only 4 KW and it heats our kitchen / diner 350 sq ft approx fantastically well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭johnwd

We installed the cara after xmas and I can report that it gives out twice the heat for half the fuel. Great yokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jayo B

Hi everyone Jay here . New to all this. I've been reading all the posts and have a few questions myself so I joinned up. Buying a stove myself and swaying towards the stanly cara insert which is around a 1000 yoyos. There are cheeper insert stoves out there. My question is are the cheeper stoves as good . Sorry if i have posted in the wrong place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

johnwd wrote: »
    Hi, Looking at getting a Cara Insert Stove in Seno (and KICKING myself for not getting that voucher at the ploughing championships this year that would have saved me €200). I saw the seno one for €999 in the Countrylife shop in Kilmeaden, Waterford and think that this is about the best price I'm going to get one for - the RRP seems to be €1,099. If anyone knows where I could get a better price somewhere else I'd really appreciate it.

Do they give €200 voucher at ploughing match??

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

They have made available at the past few Ploughing Championships a 'Double your Voucher' offer, buy a €100 voucher, get €200 off purchase of stove, buy €200 voucher, get €400 off purchase of stove - https://m.facebook.com/WaterfordStanley/posts/402688789784576

Don't know about this year though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

ncur wrote: »
    They have made available at the past few Ploughing Championships a 'Double your Voucher' offer, buy a €100 voucher, get €200 off purchase of stove, buy €200 voucher, get €400 off purchase of stove - https://m.facebook.com/WaterfordStanley/posts/402688789784576

Don't know about this year though!

wow that is good hopefully it will be there this year again!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 BriangC

just saw the cara today in MD O'Shea in Killarney for €949. Does anyone have any idea of coasts for fitting? I know I have to get a chimney liner due to heat and a pot hanger on top which adds bout €280 but just trying to estimate fitting cost

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bobby McEntyre

Very disappointed with the cara insert stove. The panel warped after 15 months and we re not covered by guarantee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Jayo B wrote: »
    Hi everyone Jay here . New to all this. I've been reading all the posts and have a few questions myself so I joinned up. Buying a stove myself and swaying towards the stanly cara insert which is around a 1000 yoyos. There are cheeper insert stoves out there. My question is are the cheeper stoves as good . Sorry if i have posted in the wrong place.

Depends on what output you want I suppose. Also just from reading previous threads here there were reports that some of the cheepos from china will crack at high temps.

For a finish we just wanted to heat a sitting room so we got the Boru 'Croi Beag' insert stove...(irish made with proper materials etc) similar to cara but lower output (4kw instead of cara's 6kw). Did some ringing around Dublin and quotes from 700-900 ...came across Kings in Athy and got it for 600.

I think the 'draw' is a big factor in its operation so a few buyos said to just push it up against the old fireplace and away ya go!!!! So to be on the safe side we got a flue installed in the chimney and packed the back of it with perlite or something!! In the end it does the job fine and don't have to be chucking in fuel like a steam train with an open fire. About 1/3 bale of bnm briqettes will last from 3pm to 11pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 xemon2000

Hi, I'm currently looking at stoves, and thinking about the Stanley cara+ insert stove, which gives 13.6 kw; 3.6 to the room and 10 to the boiler. It says it can heat up to 10 rads. I've gotten a price of €1799, from two places. Has anyone seen it cheaper anywhere? Also, can anyone tell me whats involved in the installation? Is there much digging? Does the systemlink avoid this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭deandean

Old-ish thread I know but same query:
    Stanley Cara Inset stove, the RRP seems to be 1149 euro.
    I see it for 999 at one retailer in Dublin. Anyone see a better price than that at the moment? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭bootser

Hi I have a cara at the moment (a great bit of kit!) and have being pricing a cara+ model, so just to let you know a dealer iwas talking to has told me that stanley have a promotion coming up in Feb, a couple hundred knocked of the plus model should be a few bob off the standard cara too, if you can wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭foreman

Is this available from stanley dealers..

Don't confine yourself to Stanley.

Look at the Charnwood range. I bought mine from Ryanstoves. Stove is excellent and better quality than a previously owned Stanley.

Give Ryan stoves a call. Tell them what you want. Listen to their advice. Excellent company and pleasure to deal with.

*not in any way affiliated with them just rewarding the service they gave me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

http://ryanstoves.ie/product/dimplex-westcott-inset/

Anyone have any experience of this stove? seems very easy to install and gets you onto stove on a budget. Dont have to change the flue liners....

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Hoping to buy a Stanley cara stove (non boiler) in enamal. Best price so far is €1249 with Stanley's sale discount of €100. Anyone know where I can get a better price on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 suziek21

the question is whether to get a Stanley Cara stove (non boiler) or not .... i've a 30*20*8ft high ceiling, its a kitchen / diner and i've underfloor heating. i like the enamel look. would ye still recommend to get the Stanley Cara .... is it worth spending approx 1000 yo yos or would a cheaper be just as good. also is the 200 euros stanley discount available down south ??? all information would be appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

lads - you can go round and bargain with all the shops on the stove but make sure you get a god price on the extra's such as the flue as they may give you a good price on the stoves where all the hard work negotiating goes on and then fleece you on the extra's.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ciaroca

Hi I have being quoted €2600 for a new insert stove, flume and fireplace, am I getting a good deal, I do not know the make of the stove yet, but he said it would cost about €700, another €700 for the flume and perlite and €1200 for fitting and fireplace

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolliedog

ciaroca wrote: »
    Hi I have being quoted €2600 for a new insert stove, flume and fireplace, am I getting a good deal, I do not know the make of the stove yet, but he said it would cost about €700, another €700 for the flume and perlite and €1200 for fitting and fireplace

Thanks

Paid €1150 for a 5kw stove, flue, perlite and install. Stove was Henley inset.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ciaroca

Hi I ended up getting a Vitae 6kw insert stove €2,800 all in including marble fireplace, however I am getting no heat from this stove, I was expecting a lot more than this, all information I have read on Internet points to either not installed correctly, poor fuel choice( I am using kiln dried wood as reccomended) or poor insulation, I got my walls pumped with beads 2 years ago any ideas ������

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭4200fps

Look into the SOLIS 500 CASSETTE Stove by Stanley its a new release. The 5kw version is €1050 i believe fine looking stove

• Registered Users Posts: 22,140 ✭✭✭✭Esel

ciaroca wrote: »
    Hi I ended up getting a Vitae 6kw insert stove €2,800 all in including marble fireplace, however I am getting no heat from this stove, I was expecting a lot more than this, all information I have read on Internet points to either not installed correctly, poor fuel choice( I am using kiln dried wood as reccomended) or poor insulation, I got my walls pumped with beads 2 years ago any ideas ������

Get the supplier back on site?

(You should get good advice in the Plumbing & Heating forum)

https://touch.boards.ie/forum/1320

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement