Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair - I wanna go red !

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I think whatever 'base' colour that you use you will need to use a crazy colour over it to achieve that 'vibrancy' every few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Once your hair is to the red you want get a revlon colour ball and use this to try and maintain some vibrancy. I had my hair like rihannas last year and the colour ball was just amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

She suggested Majirel 6.66 with 0.600 majimix. Anyone heard of /used this mix?

I have used that on a darkish blonde before and it came out more of an orangey red than anything. I definitely agree with the above that you should use this as a base and then add 'Crazy Colour' over it. I would recommend 'Vermillion Red' if you want a more bright red, rather than a pink toned one which will take FOREVER to get out if you ever change your mind.

It is virtually impossible to get a permanent un-natural colour, you always have to use a semi to bring it up to the brightness you want to achieve.

I don't personally like colour ball, I also go with crazy colour, and add a squirt or two to my conditioner to keep it from fading. Essentially the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

CuriousG wrote: »
    I have used that on a darkish blonde before and it came out more of an orangey red than anything. I definitely agree with the above that you should use this as a base and then add 'Crazy Colour' over it. I would recommend 'Vermillion Red' if you want a more bright red, rather than a pink toned one which will take FOREVER to get out if you ever change your mind.

It is virtually impossible to get a permanent un-natural colour, you always have to use a semi to bring it up to the brightness you want to achieve.

I don't personally like colour ball, I also go with crazy colour, and add a squirt or two to my conditioner to keep it from fading. Essentially the same thing.

Another fan of Crazy Colour. I have used Pinkissimo, Cyclamen, Vermillion Red, Burgundy and Violette. I agree that Vermillion Red would work the best for the colour you want, maybe with a little bit of Cyclamen in the mix. I second their ease of use too. I also mix it with my conditioner (1:1) and voila! Vibrant colour! Revlon colour ball is alright but it doesn't give as much vibrancy, life, shine, etc. (you name it) as Crazy Colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lizzie Copper

thanks so much but help me out a little here, I have no idea what those products are.. are they dyes? or just normal hair products? I mean is it something I put on my hair and rinse after 35 minutes like with a normal dye or do i just use it by mixing it with the conditioner? forgive the ignorance .. and where could I buy them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

thanks so much but help me out a little here, I have no idea what those products are.. are they dyes? or just normal hair products? I mean is it something I put on my hair and rinse after 35 minutes like with a normal dye or do i just use it by mixing it with the conditioner? forgive the ignorance .. and where could I buy them?

Crazy Colour is a brand of semi-permanent dyes. There are others out there such as Manic Panic but Crazy Colour is my favourite. Revlon Colour Balls are similar but they are marketed as 3-in-1 products with conditioning properties as well.

Semi-permanent dyes are dyes that are applied directly to the hair without mixing with another medium such as a developer. Most bright shades don't exist as permanent dyes. And as per my experience semi-permanent dyes provide much better vibrant colours.

You normally apply them like you would apply a permanent dye. I think some people, including me, apply them at shower mixing with conditioner just because it is more convenient and less time consuming that way. And my colour always turns out more lively when I apply it this way. You can do the first application as per usual, then top up the colour in the shower.

Edit: I buy Crazy Colour from Terrisales. They're available at Amazon as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lizzie Copper

Well I did it today :) with majirel 6.66 + 0.600. it looks awesome. It's VERY vibrant, but not as bright as the 1st picture because it had a pinkish tone , which I dont hate but Ive been told thats the first color to fade. It looks more vibrant than I was expecting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

Make sure the carpet matches the curtains!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Stuck Cone, no need for comments like that here. Please familarise yourself with the forum before posting again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

im another crazy colour fan. I have used a few brands but it is the best! Vermillion Red is ideal for what you need. I used to use fire but its a pink toned one I think. Still, I loved it!

I use the loreal colour balls but the only problem I find is that if you normally would only put conditioner in the ends of your hair it can make your hair greasy if you apply it all over. Maybe thats just me though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Love crazycolour but not the red hands for a week!!! I use gloves but then mustnt ever wash it out fully cause I get red hands from running my fingers through my hair

Advertisement