Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problems with stanley erin stove

Options
  • 06-12-2012 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

hi all
    new to the site, altho been nosing around a while.

im looking for any toughts ye may have on a problem im having with the aforementioned stove, when any decent sized fire is put on in it a strong smell of soot develops in the room directly above the stove and the chimney breast in that room gets very hot to the touch, tho tonight the smoke alarm out side the door of that room went off which i find worrying.
    there is a flexable flu going the whole way to the chimney pot and there is no back boiler or anything with it. i dont know if it makes a diff but there is also a fireplace in the room above the stove although it has not been used in decades at this stage id say.
    its been said to the man who installed it but he just fobs me off, could the flu been torn or ripped in the instalation?

im at a bit of a loss because i dont know alot about this type of thing

thanks for any help or toughts ye have.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

It sounds like your getting downdraught in the flue thats not used, cold air will fall down the flue, the flue terminal of the stove is next to it and so the flue gasses are falling down into that room, what you need is a chimney balloon.

http://www.chimneyballoon.ie/

Advertisement