Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapest shop to buy wines etc for corporate Christmas client presents

Options
  • 06-12-2012 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭

hi guys
    I run a small business and I would like to give abottle of wine or whiskey to some of my clients in Limerick this Christmas. Havent done this before, I would normally buy my own booze in Tesco or Aldi.
    Given the recent budget increase, where is the best place to buy wines/spirits in Limerick?
    I see Tesco advertising not to increase the prices for a few more days, maybe they would be the best?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Fine wines do corporate prices at Xmas. Where are you based?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

I hate when clients give us wine/whiskey.. but that's probably because I don't drink so don't get them :(

Check a few places, do Musgraves do alcohol?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

banjobongo wrote: »
    hi guys
    I run a small business and I would like to give abottle of wine or whiskey to some of my clients in Limerick this Christmas. Havent done this before, I would normally buy my own booze in Tesco or Aldi.
    Given the recent budget increase, where is the best place to buy wines/spirits in Limerick?
    I see Tesco advertising not to increase the prices for a few more days, maybe they would be the best?

Go to Fine Wines Party Store in Delta Retail Park. The store is for people buying in bulk , doesn't have to be massive amounts, and you will get the products cheaper. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

hi guys

A friend of mine used Tesco, at the moment they have 25% off when you buy 6 bottles or more. There are some lovely wines reduced from 19.99 to 10 then 25% off that 7.50 for some lovely wines, they also have Heidsieck & Co. Monopole “Blue Top” Brut Champagne for 25 down to 18.75 in the 25% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Dunnes as of this morning as still pre budget. Childers road at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

All fine wines pre budget on everything for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭banjobongo

I was about to go into tesco to buy some bottles of spirits/wines for clients and I called first to confirm that their prices were still pre-budget prices....they arent....anytime I looked at finewines I thought they were expensive in comparison with Tesco/Aldi/Dunnes etc....does any big outlet in Limerick sell wines/spirits at pre-budget prices?

ignore my last comment...which was based on calling tesco head office, I double checked by calling Tesco in Roxboro and she said that they are still selling at prebudget prices and a further discount going on tomorrow so thats me sorted, thanks everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

I was about to go into tesco to buy some bottles of spirits/wines for clients and I called first to confirm that their prices were still pre-budget prices....they arent....anytime I looked at finewines I thought they were expensive in comparison with Tesco/Aldi/Dunnes etc....does any big outlet in Limerick sell wines/spirits at pre-budget prices?

ignore my last comment...which was based on calling tesco head office, I double checked by calling Tesco in Roxboro and she said that they are still selling at prebudget prices and a further discount going on tomorrow so thats me sorted, thanks everyone!

Before i red the second paragraph, I was going to say I was in Tesco yesterday and they had signs saying pre budget prices. Ya the 25% off is goint to the 11th. Bought some more yesterday. I may not have a turkey for christmas but at least ill have drink lol.

Advertisement