Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting an fast xray in Dublin?

Options
  • 06-12-2012 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭

I was in a traffic accident, my gp referred me to James Connolly Hospital for a spinal xray, who said there is a 4 month waiting time for an xray!

Is there anywhere in Dublin I can go to get the xray? Thats not overly expensive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Unless it is an emergency situation, you may have to wait. I had x-rays taken after an accident of my back, neck and shoulder in Clane Hospital and only has to wait a week (after GP referral). It was a while ago and I went privately, but I think my insurance covered it (and TBH, if I did have to pay and I can't remember how much it was it can't have been extortionate).

There may be a reason you have been referred on to Blanch though (they do have a mother of a radiology dept so perhaps because they have specalist equipment or something) so it would be worth talking to your GP about.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

I'm pretty sure there is a place in or around DCU down by Albert College Park that does them. Sorry that I'm quite vague but my mother got one within a couple of hours.I don't live with her so I didn't take her there personally but I'm almost sure it was around that area. I do think it's about €100. Sorry now that I've not googled it but you might find it easy enough....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Thanks,

I found euromedic.ie, they do it. I told them what my referral letter said and they said it would be no problem. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

There may be a reason you have been referred on to Blanch though (they do have a mother of a radiology dept so perhaps because they have specalist equipment or something)

Oh they have a mother of a radiology department alright, though I don't think it's in the way you're describing.

Advertisement