Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ingrown Hairs

Options
  • 06-12-2012 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I get ingrown hairs on my neck and face. Seems to be after shaving. Anyone experience this? And any solutions?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Do you shave against the grain?

Exfoliating might help out a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

I used to get those. Before they became inflamed, I used a needle to gently tease the loop out :) it solved the problem over a period.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Moonfruit

Ex-foliating couple of times a week and moisturising after a shave helped sort out the problem for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Had one of these around my tailbone, and it got infected. One of the most painful things I've had to endure! Totally sucks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 lechiennoir

I get ingrown hairs on my neck and have never found a workable solution to it so have to sport a tightly trimmed beard all of the time. I'm hoping to get the hair on my neck lazered soon though which should sort the issue out in the medium -> long term.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I get my missus to prune me. Simples.

Tend to get them on my cheek more than my neck though.

Advertisement