Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget 2013, pension levy scrapped.

Options
  • 06-12-2012 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭

Was glued to the budget yesterday, even though I could only understand half if it. Noonan said the pension levy is to be scrapped from 2014.

What does this mean for me, the levy paying grunt on the ground? Am I gonna be quids in when it goes or what? Or have I totally taken this up wrong?

Maybe this should be in another forum but if anyone here can put it into terms a soldier can understand I'd really appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,467 ✭✭✭✭kippy

John_D80 wrote: »
    Was glued to the budget yesterday, even though I could only understand half if it. Noonan said the pension levy is to be scrapped from 2014.

What does this mean for me, the levy paying grunt on the ground? Am I gonna be quids in when it goes or what? Or have I totally taken this up wrong?

Maybe this should be in another forum but if anyone here can put it into terms a soldier can understand I'd really appreciate it.

It's not that you think.
    Its in relation to private pensions and will have no effect on yourself or the pension.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

kippy wrote: »
    It's not that you think.
    Its in relation to private pensions and will have no effect on yourself or the pension.

Cheers for that.

Advertisement