Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tarragon Skerries - closed

Options
  • 06-12-2012 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

Another nice restaurant in Skerries shut its doors on Sunday. What a pity - I never had a bad meal there.

Between that, Isabella's and the Indian place on Church Street it's been a bad autumn for Skerries restaurants.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,761 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

That's a shame, especially at this time of year.

I wish Conor & the staff all the best.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Really shows how disposable income has been affected in recent years. Nice place with very good steaks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

We should merge these threads into the how are your local reps thread because there is a direct connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭yknaa

Don't forget the Indian 'Silva'? also closed its doors in the recent past. Hate seeing small business close in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kumsheen

Sorry to hear about Tarragon, i went there twice before and had excellent food and service.
    If rent review was a problem, hopefully we may see them open again in another location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Each time I have been there I got top class food.

Conor also has an excellent catering company North county catering.com and I have hired them for 5 or 6 events and each time it was top class. I wish Conor and his staff the best of luck going forward.

On another angle, was Skerries not a little small for the amount of eating options?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

LeoB wrote: »
    On another angle, was Skerries not a little small for the amount of eating options?

Apparently so. I think the same applies with the number of pharmacies unfortunately. I just hope Chandee doesn't get the shaft because of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

Sorry to see Tarragon close, we head over to Skerries regularly as there are no decent restaurants in Balbriggan. Have had several really good meals there including the nicest black sole I have ever eaten.

Khannie wrote: »
    Apparently so. I think the same applies with the number of pharmacies unfortunately. I just hope Chandee doesn't get the shaft because of it.

Rush is similar with 3 pharmacies. What is Chandee?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,761 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Chandee (aka Sandy) Vyas - runs the pharmacy next to The Sweet Emporium on Strand Street. He used to run the pharmacy in Holmpatrick by C&Ts for a few years.

• Advertisement

Chandee (aka Sandy) Vyas - runs the pharmacy next to The Sweet Emporium on Strand Street. He used to run the pharmacy in Holmpatrick by C&Ts for a few years.

Ah right. A real nice man to deal with. I suppose its up to locals like us in Rush Skerries and the rest of north Dublin to keep people like him open. He provides a super service. Used him a few times and always very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

There are so many that run great services in Skerries, and yes, I agree with Leo re keeping good shops/restaurants open.
    I will eat and drink in a few place in Skerries over the festive season.. it's a hard job, I know, but someone's gotta do it ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Khannie wrote: »

If people had to choose between Drugs or Food, drugs will win out. People can always whip up lunch at home or eat at friends if bored to death by their own cooking. While you don't see too many people making their own medication(except homebrew I hope:)). Even with the increase in high income residents, Skerries would still be very much a seasonal town with food services looking to make the Lion's share of it's income over the summer, if you don't do that it's going to be a very long winter for your business. At least chemists have a steadier regular yearly income with the annual influenza and other winter ailments to keep them busy over the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Tarragon has a sign up to say that the restaurant will open under new management in Feb 13. Conor may be busy enough with his other catering ventures
    Isabella has unfortunately closed.
    Jack's and Shiva likewise
    Chutney takeaway on the South Strand Road Skerries has opened a sit down area

Other restaurants in the town seem to be working away

Advertisement