Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone one net experience reviews?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I too would be interested in hearing feedback on how this works in practice .... no I have no experience of it and know no one using it ......
    you have the convenience of having all of your mobiles and deskphones on one great tariff - and deskphones and mobiles run on our mobile network

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭MLC61

I know of a number of companies that have it for a couple of months now.

Overall feedback is positive.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I too would be interested in hearing feedback on how this works in practice .... no I have no experience of it and know no one using it ......

Haven't heard any complaints about it. The desk phones run through VoiP and the mobile phones run through the vodafone mobile network. Vodafone install the system for you in your office and as it is a managed service.

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    Haven't heard any complaints about it. The desk phones run through VoiP and the mobile phones run through the vodafone mobile network. Vodafone install the system for you in your office and as it is a managed service.

I don't think that's correct. The desk phones also run through the mobile network which allows them to be twinned with the mobile.
    All lines can be cancelled.
    There is no VOIP element to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

MLC61 wrote: »
    I don't think that's correct. The desk phones also run through the mobile network which allows them to be twinned with the mobile.

That was my impression also ....
    you have the convenience of having all of your mobiles and deskphones on one great tariff - and deskphones and mobiles run on our mobile network

• Advertisement

MLC61 wrote: »

That is incorrect. Please see the below link:
    http://online.vodafone.co.uk/dispatch/Portal/portlets/forwardhelp/begin.do?show=glossary

They mention how the service is provided towards the end of the page:

A Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) is a small card that fits inside mobile phones, enabling them to work on our network. Each SIM is associated with a unique phone number. Most SIMs need to be activated before they can be used - a One Net administrator simply calls our customer services team to do this

Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) uses the internet to send and receive phone calls. One Net uses this to manage all IP phone calls.

A Wireless Local Area Network is used by wireless IP phones and softphones to carry calls.

I have spoken with Vodafone before and the service is indeed run through a VoIP system. The desk phones run through your wireless internet connection and obviously the mobile phones are connecting to the Vodafone mobile network. It all connects to the vodafone data centre (and so vodafone can give free vodafone calls through all vodafone lines, whether fixed, ip or mobile).

http://online.vodafone.co.uk/dispatch/Portal/portlets/forwardhelp/begin.do?show=glossary

A Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) is a small card that fits inside mobile phones, enabling them to work on our network. Each SIM is associated with a unique phone number. Most SIMs need to be activated before they can be used - a One Net administrator simply calls our customer services team to do this

Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) uses the internet to send and receive phone calls. One Net uses this to manage all IP phone calls.

A Wireless Local Area Network is used by wireless IP phones and softphones to carry calls.

I have spoken with Vodafone before and the service is indeed run through a VoIP system. The desk phones run through your wireless internet connection and obviously the mobile phones are connecting to the Vodafone mobile network. It all connects to the vodafone data centre (and so vodafone can give free vodafone calls through all vodafone lines, whether fixed, ip or mobile).

Totally incorrect.
    I have subsequently spoken with a friend who is using the system. The desk phones work over the 3G network off a SIM. He doesn't have a wireless network.

Ok. Should the desk phones be running through 3G and going by what is on their website requiring 3G network coverage and what I said above, they are likely to be using VoIP through a mobile connection.

Some VOIP system is in every telecoms network, otherwise it would financially be impossible to keep in business.

So saying there is no VOIP is incorrect at its extreme.

I have spoken with Vodafone before and the service is indeed run through a VoIP system. The desk phones run through your wireless internet connection
    and obviously the mobile phones are connecting to the Vodafone mobile network. It all connects to the vodafone data centre (and so vodafone can give free vodafone calls through all vodafone lines, whether fixed, ip or mobile).

I have highlighted the parts of your original post that are incorrect.

For simplicity;
    The desk phones and the mobile handsets use the 3G network to connect to the Vodafone exchange which provides the call control features.
    They do not require wireless internet.
    They do not transport calls across the internet.
    There are no IP calls.
    There is no softphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

I can also confirm what MLC61 is saying is 100% correct.

The desk phone is a Huawei F610 with a battery pack and has a SIM in it. This is the one and only desk phone option.

The transmission media at all times is the Vodafone mobile network only.

They do a site survey of your mobile coverage before install.

Its all controlled by a web portal which you can self manage if you like, setup diverts, greetings, hunting etc.

My question now has anyone this system in place? I am looking at it to replace a Siemens switch in an organisation currently, for some areas like sales its ideal other internal departments like support I can see issues? Looking for a case study?

• Advertisement

It sounds like you have engaged with Vodafone on the product already - have they given you any reference sites?

What is the driver for your change?

At the initial sales stage its an 18 month contract the move so we will have to be as certain as possible before jumping. One of the big issues so far is the lack of call recording, monitoring and the power of the siemens reception handset which the system does not offer.

Sorry the driver for the change is everyone has one phone, their mobile, currently some staff have 3 phones; mobile, desk phone and internal handsfree handset. Plus we should reduce our telecom bills by half merging into one Vodafone monthly bill.

It would seem to be ideal if you want everybody on mobile handsets. I am not sure of what features they will have available to them that you would have on your Siemens - for example call handling, transfer, hold etc.

If the primary driver is integration with mobiles most modern PBX's will offer that facility. An alternative is a hosted solution that will deliver call recording and mobile integration through a SIP trunk. This could also integrate with your existing Siemens to allow you to retain the handsets etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 artiechappie

OK guys,

We've been running on OneNet over multiple sites and there seems to some confusion as to how it all hangs together.

OneNet is a managed service or "PBX in the cloud".

It uses wired Cisco IP phones connected to a dedicated switch and Vodafone provided router over a single ADSL line. The number of concurrent calls depends on the available bandwidth at your location. One of our offices has 30 phones and 4 faxes connected to the system. Phones in other offices - including mobiles are allocated an extension number so intercompany calls are actually free!!

The nice part is that you have ONE single voicemail box so if someone calls you on your landline, gets no answer then it can be autoforwarded to your mobile after a a few rings or immediately. If it's not answered then it goes to your mailbox. A message appears on your desk phone that you have a message waiting and you also receive an SMS message on your mobile. Dial 121 from your desk phone or mobile to pick it up.

They also provide as an option as one poster mentioned earlier 3G desk phones - ideal for hot desking. These can be used anywhere in the office, but do need power. These use the 3G network but can be allocated a geographic landline number and extensin number of course.

Great product, works well and we are rolling out to the remainder of our offices here in the UK

artiechappie
    The offering in Ireland does not provide that level of functionality yet. In particular in Ireland they do not offer Cisco IP phones.

We are having some issues currently in particular the call waiting and queuing functionality.

I've asked a rep from the Vodafone forum for clarification on this. I will let you know when they get back to me.

Mr. G
    Is this the Cisco IP phone package the One Net Enterprise:
    http://www.vodafone.co.uk/business/products-and-services/unified-communication/one-net-enterprise/index.htm

This would solve a lot of our current issues as you can only hold one call and have no call monitoring.

Mr. G
    http://www.vodafone.co.uk/business/products-and-services/unified-communication/one-net-enterprise/index.htm

This would solve a lot of our current issues as you can only hold one call and have no call monitoring.

Is that a question or a statement? :confused:

Question?

• Advertisement

Mr. G

I haven't gotten a reply from Vodafone on this yet.:rolleyes:

I think that the key to the confusion rests in the names of the products. The product available in Ireland and that we have discussed to date is OneNet Express. The poduct to which the poster from the UK refers is OneNet. From a review of their UK website they are two very different products.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭MENACE2010

Hi

To assist a bit here,

One Net express - that is the one with the phones + Sim card

One Net Business is the cloud solution, with Polycom phones. This is a cloud solution with dedicated VDSL or Fibre connection for voice being piped into the office . This includes Router + HP Switch.

This solution has Mobile to fixed integration and has what is called in the trade " green button integration" on the mobile no app required if you dont want one or are on basic package . it also can include UC client on the laptop or desktop

See below for the link for the info

http://www.vodafone.ie/one-net/one-net-business

• Registered Users Posts: 6 alehandr0

Hi all,

Seeing lots of adds recently and having a bit of experience with this, here is my personal critical analysis.

Pros:
    - Mobile to fixed convergence.
    - Works in places where there is no dsl for voip or landlines for pbx, but only gsm signal.
    - Unlimited mobile plans, good for outbound telesales (fair usage applies off-course :) )

Cons:
    - Cant divert to an external number, only to another number that's on vodafone network.
    - Support, is quite hard to get, not enough trained people there.
    - The portal is not quite user friendly, even for a technical person.
    - Since the connection is based on GSM: lower voice quality than even on landline, longer times to dial/connect/transfer.
    - GSM networks often have outages, you dont notice it on your mobile, but it becomes an issue when using for your main business number.
    - Very limited functionality comparing with a pbx.
    - Price is quite high, you have to pay monthly per each handset/extension.

My personal opinion is instead of the vodafone one net gsm-voip-cloud hybrid, to go for a true fully featured cloud pbx service with ability to extend with apis when needed, it will provide better quality when done right.
    Also for slightly bigger deployments (10+) the price gets a bit high when you pay for each extension.
    Then One Net looks like stripped down version of a PBX, which can become a problem in the future when you need some feature, you wont be able to extend it unless change it all together.

Advertisement