Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car's caught a cold.

Options
  • 06-12-2012 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

So I've been away for three weeks and upon returning, my car is completely dead. Engine isn't making a sound.

I'm in the Midlands, and temperatures have been tipping around freezing pretty consistently for the last week or two, so maybe that's something to do with it?

Any advice appreciated.

FYI: The car is a 03 Focus, 1.6L. It's had a recent service and NCT too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Connect your battery to another battery for 10 mins, then try starting car.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

Sounds like the battery is dead. Can you get some leads and jump start it?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

So I've been away for three weeks and upon returning, my car is completely dead. Engine isn't making a sound.

I'm in the Midlands, and temperatures have been tipping around freezing pretty consistently for the last week or two, so maybe that's something to do with it?

Any advice appreciated.

FYI: The car is a 03 Focus, 1.6L. It's had a recent service and NCT too.

Most likey the battery is dead. Get a hold of a charger or ask another motorist for a start with jump leads.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Rofl Lundgren

Thanks very much all, will give that a go.

No prizes for guessing that I'm a complete novice.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

Thanks very much all, will give that a go.

No prizes for guessing that I'm a complete novice.

Take it for a spin when you get it going to charge the battery.

• Advertisement
Advertisement