Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oven not heating up

Options
  • 06-12-2012 6:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

hi. own an indesit oven. bout ten years old. today oven fan came on but oven didn't heat up and neither did the grill in the oven. I went to take out the shelves to have a look and the back part of oven where fan is started sparking and small bit of smoke as well. it stopped after a few seconds. just wondering what it could be . is it a small enough job to try myself. is it worth getting fixed. maybe I should invest in a new one. not that I have the money. any ideas would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Similar thing happened to my oven earlier this year (minus the sparking...that sounds a bit dramatic!)

Anyway, the heating element in the back of the oven had died. I think it cost about 80euro (parts & labour, but not 100% correct as the landlord actually paid it) to get it fixed. Was about a 15min job.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭ellewood

hi. own an indesit oven. bout ten years old. today oven fan came on but oven didn't heat up and neither did the grill in the oven. I went to take out the shelves to have a look and the back part of oven where fan is started sparking and small bit of smoke as well. it stopped after a few seconds. just wondering what it could be . is it a small enough job to try myself. is it worth getting fixed. maybe I should invest in a new one. not that I have the money. any ideas would be appreciated.
    i doubt that both elements went at the same time??

Advertisement