Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mitsubishi Lancer Mivec Help!!!

Options
  • 06-12-2012 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey guys, need some shared wisdom on a car purchase. Im looking to get a Mivec lancer or mirage but know sweet damn all about them. I love mitsubishi and dont want to stray from the brand and so far ive heard good things about mivecs but does any1 have any experience with them they can share. Are they reliable? Whats the MPG like considering price of fuel today? Are parts cheap? And whats the power like? I drove a DOHC Vtec eg5 and a Levin BZR blacktop years ago and want to know in comparison to them what the Mivec would be like!

Cheers lads....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I've drove the bzr and the dohc and can honestly say I preferred my mivec to both of them was a lot more comfortable and power was better and that includes not being modified with everything that civics are now a days Same goes for bzr
    The way I thought bout it was it was a saloon that packed alot of power with very little maintenance but that's my opinion
    Maybe I was just lucky with mine
    Standard mivec are hard to find nw with to many idiots puttin all sorts of crap in it and makin it sound ridiculous
    Always thought bout gettin one gain but havin a family now it's just not my priority

( here comes the civic owners to slate me) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gavin7705

Thanks dodderangler, Dont worry mate i owned a dohc vtec civic and i aint going slating ya :p. So you had a great experience with your mitsi!! Good to hear.

Ya i get what ya mean seen a few up on donedeal and its hard to pick 1 when half them half dodgy evo kits slapped on them. I think they look great on their standard kit.

The most important thing i need to know was what was she like on juice??? Because if its like the Vtecs then im running a long mile. I found the levin to be a miser on juice thanks to better technology for economy over Honda and the handy oul 6th gear :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Found it grand on juice drives just like a 1.6 should but of course you will get the urges to put the boot down when there's an idiot up ur arse which happens a lot when drivin some sort of performance car usually by a young lad in a civic or a golf but day to day use found it grand pity it doesn't have a 6th gear like the levin

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gavin7705

Thats great to hear cheers mate :D, Ya 6th gear wud be handy but so long as its economy is better than a Vtec then im laughing. Like i think i was getting less than 30 miles to the gallon. Best my B16 ever did was roughly 230 miles to a full tank :(.

That would wreck ur head wouldnt it, young lads swinging up ur cars rear looking for a race. Funniest time was day light a guy in a pug 205 gti when i was in the Levin. Came up beside me on a dual-carriageway and floored it passed me. Unfortunately for him there was a traffic core with speed gun ahead of him. Funny as **** when the blue lights started after him..:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 gtturbokid

mivecs are great when there good eco wise my mates had a few, asri rx mirage, rs colt , zr colt , mr and mx lancers tbh fuel was the same with all them about 450km to a tank that was months back , i drove my mates zr asti 96 and i thought it was a bone shaker compared to my bzr taking corners and general feel of the car, 3rd gear are usually wa@ked in them so if your viewing one watch out for that, make sure the mivec is cutting in properly 6,800 rpm on a rs and 5,200 i think on a mr or zr mivecs if its not working its either the sump is damaged due to the mivec sensor located there,if not that its the cam tray broke other than that there a good car, and try get a rs if possible they come with factory oil cooler bigger cam profiles, standard 4branch and lightweight so windy windows etc :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Had a mivec asti and lancer back in the day. As someone said, tried to get a clean RS . Lovely car ride is a bit firm but you get used to it.

Only thing to look out for is make sure the mivec is kicking in exactly as it should be as if they give trouble they can be very tempermental to fix. Nowhere near as simple as a v-tec which works off oil pressure.... Oh and get a good alarm

Advertisement