Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live music in Limerick city on Sundays?

Options
  • 05-12-2012 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

I remember when Sunday evening in Limerick was awash with pubs with live music, the choice was great, Schooners, shannon arms, newtown pery, dwyers??? on end of o connell avenue, the ark, etc etc. Happy days!!
    Is their still a few places in town doing the same, have'nt been out in ages and would love to relive the sunday evenings of yesteryear.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Cobblestone Joes, Smyths, Nancys etc.......

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Erper

smyths have good gig sometimes...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Try Paddy Frawley's on Thomas Street if you are into trad music.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,938 ✭✭✭leakyboots

I remember when Sunday evening in Limerick was awash with pubs with live music, the choice was great, Schooners, shannon arms, newtown pery, dwyers??? on end of o connell avenue, the ark, etc etc. Happy days!!
    Is their still a few places in town doing the same, have'nt been out in ages and would love to relive the sunday evenings of yesteryear.

Plenty of live music in Limerick on a Sunday

Blues band in Nancys every Sunday around 7, followed by a fella (Pat Fitz) with a guitar and DJ Lenny from 12.30. Very good band called Tumbledown play in Cobblestone Joe's from 10 onwards, Big Flannerys across from Icon have bands too, Smyths have always had a Sunday evening band. There's usually stuff in Bourkes too, I think The Healers are up in Jerry Flannerys. The Office usually have something going on. I'm sure there's plenty of others I've missed out on (Dolans bar, the whole trad scene if that's your thing)

I highly recommend Tumbledown. Savage set list. Not your typical covers set. A "musos" band...... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭patsyrockem

Cheers everyone, lots of options there, never been to bourkes so will have to check it out. Have seen that band in Nancy's, excellent they are. Pity the beer is like scuttermilk.
    What are the options for the 6-9pm shift?

hermitage green usually in the curragower on sunday evenings?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

seachto7 wrote: »
    hermitage green usually in the curragower on sunday evenings?

They usually play from 8:00 to 10:00, but they'll be gone touring Australia for 6 weeks after Christmas. Worth checking out the Curragower anyway. Very good spot for food and drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Especially the Guinness.

Advertisement