Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Golf Society - Ryder Cup Match

Options
  • 05-12-2012 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi there, I look after a golf society of approx. 30 members based in the area of Palmerstown, Dublin 20. Next year, as well as our normal outings, we are looking to arrange a Ryder Cup style match against another society of a similar size. If you are part of a golf society and would be interested in something like this then please let me know and we can arrange something. If all goes well I am hoping to make this an annual event.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Jontronix

Just looking to see if anyone would be up for this?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

We already have an annual end of season match against another society - see the Ryder Jug threads. Always grat crack and something we all look forward to.

However, if anyone from the Boards Golf society wants to play a second match (maybe for players who didn't qualify for the Jug) I'd be happy to arrange it with Jontronix.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Always interested in more competitive golf, sure see how it goes. :)

We arranged a match against another society last year and it was great fun, we even got a new trophy for it as we were planning on making it an annual event. We were booked in to play on Oct 11th again this year and we have this arranged since Feb. Then yesterday I got an email to say they'd have to cancel as they couldn’t get the numbers!!! I have new tops on order for our team!
    Probably didn't help that we gave them a good beating last time but less than 2 weeks notice is really bad form.

Anyway a lad I work with has rustled up a team and we're all set for a new match up ☺ but we're on the lookout for a new permanent opponent from next year onwards.

Ours is the 11th October as well, sure keep us in mind next year / or any other time.

• Advertisement

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Ours is the 11th October as well, sure keep us in mind next year / or any other time.

I will indeed, the Ryder Cup style games are brilliant fun and a great change from the usual stapleford comps.

Our outings start back up again in March 2015, would you be interested in a friendly game in Feb (weather dependent) as a loosener for the year ahead?

How many are in your society/actively take part?
    We have approx. 28 members and 20 - 24 usually turn up.

We have about 44 with up to 30 at any event. There's a solid core of lads that are at every event and everybody else comes as often as they can.

Advertisement