Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuel rebate

Options
  • 05-12-2012 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

does the haulier fuel rebate announced in the budget include irish rail or is it just another step to aid the roads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

I think by "Hauliers" he means road hauliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ALANM88

what about bus and coaches

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭davidlacey

just road hauliers, disgraceful act that although unsurprising adds to the governments love for the roads and not rail

• Registered Users Posts: 29,036 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

CIE should be entitled to this as well, not good enough

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,488 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

why should they be entitled to it?
    IE can use one engine to pull 30 trucks worth of stuff yet still can't get* railfreight to work, why should they be given any more money to throw down their black hole of operations?

* read have no interest in getting to work

IF they were actually bothered and sought business and made money out of it then you certainly could consider applying it to them, but not in it current form. And knowing IE they'd probably put a 20ft wagon on the end of every passenger train and claim they were freights to get the money... :pac:

• Advertisement

but it was obviously not even considered the main reason rail freight is not working is not only IE have no interest in it but neither does the government but their time will come when their co2 emissions are not were they sould be and get given a hefty fine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

I thought that I/E used rebated fuel as they are not on the roads!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dowlingm

Do we need a second thread on this? (See C&T)

if you check that very thread it was started at 19:13, this was started four hours before that so think you should be asking that very question on the other thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dowlingm

fair point, but it's hardly a rail specific topic.

• Advertisement

i was just confused as to why irish rail did not receive the rebate as well, for hauling freight and seeing as freight is not public transport i thought it would be more valid in the train and rail systems forum

• Registered Users Posts: 48 shagal

correct me if im wrong but dont cie use green diesel in their trains as they are not on public highways and if they do it is already at the reduced rate of vat same as farm vehicles
    im more surprised that the bus companies didnt get the rebate also similar to what they had a few years ago
    as i said please correct me if im wrong

Advertisement