Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Radio

Options
  • 05-12-2012 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭

My dad is currently using an old radio (where you have to manually tune in the stations) and is having problems with the reception on the stations. If he was to switch to a digital radio would he get a better reception?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,391 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Digital radio these days means DAB but I'm pretty certain that's not what you mean. Do you mean a radio with a digital display?

Buy him an FM radio with RDS, this will display the station name and the radio will stay on that frequency. Tuning via a variable knob is old hat these days and the radio can drift off the station.

I did the research for a niece of mine recently, she wanted a radio with a display which would show the station name and which had a few buttons that you could program for your favourite few stations, this is the one I recommended, it's £43.79 on Amazon UK. It has DAB (digital) and FM so if you live in one of the area covered by DAB you can use that, otherwise use FM. In either case the station name will be displayed and the radio will stay locked on to that frequency.

http://www.robertsradio.co.uk/Products/DAB_radios/Gemini_45/index.htm

Advertisement