Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox live and meteor dongle

Options
  • 05-12-2012 10:39am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37

Hi,

My name is Aaron Boyse and I am trying to set up Xbox live for my cousins with a meteor dongle but it doesn't work.

The Xbox picks up the Meteor stick fine, but it can't connect to it.

Thanks for the help!

Aaron Boyse

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

1)First of all ,connect your desktop computer or laptop to internet with USB dongle.

2)Connect your computer and Xbox with an Ethernet cable.

3)Take Control Panel> Network and Sharing Center > Manage Network Connections

4)Enable sharing on your internet connection.Also tick the checkbox for 'Allow other network users to connect through this computer's connection' and select 'Local Area Connection' for the 'Home networking connection' menu.

5)Test your Xbox live connection and check whether it succeeds to connect to internet.(If not make both connections to public instead of private)

It wont work with the dongle plugged into the xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭RUSTEDCORE

make sure network config on 360 is automatic and not manual.

Advertisement