Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to buy? D3200,D5100,EOS 600D, A57

Options
  • 05-12-2012 3:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Looking to buy a DSLR but not sure which one. Canon,Sony & Nikon all seem to have cashback atm so I may as well buy now.

Anyone any experience with the above? Or can anyone guide me as to which I should go for. Looking around the 500-700 mark. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

600d is the best of the bunch. Lovely camera with nice features.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

600d is the best of the bunch. Lovely camera with nice features.

agree. i have a 600D. i wouldn't bother with any of the others.
    the nikon's mentioned do not have built in AF motor

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭secman

What about the Nikon d7000, its about €300 dearer but it gets great reviews. Happen to be in the same boat myself, just can't make my mind up .............

Being so close to Christmas & the Sales, i am definitely holding off buying till at least 26th December in the hope of getting a better deal !
    As far as i know the cash back offers stand till mid Jan 13.

Secman

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,491 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the lack of motor is not nearly as much of an issue as it was a few years ago.

forget the recommendations, though, and go into a camera shop and manhandle some, and see which fits best in your hand. your choice of brand will have minimal impact on the quality of pictures you take.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

There is also the Nikon parts availability problem which deserves a mention when buying into the system. Nikon aren't supplying parts anymore to independent repair outfits where as Canon do so readily.
    This means that when something does go wrong with the camera you have to send it to an ASF (Authorised service facility) if it needs parts and you have no freedom to hunt around for a better price etc...
    This also means that if the camera is grey market they won't touch it and you won't be able to get parts for it.
    Definitely something to think about if buying into a certain brand and there is plenty of info online with a quick Google of "Nikon parts problem".

• Advertisement
Advertisement