Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just got the new iMac tonight

Options
  • 04-12-2012 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

just got my new imac 21.5" from pc world tonight. its absolutely amazing.
    got it in pc world carrickmines. its so thin compared to the old one and alot faster than my old 20" imac. would definitely recommend this to any one who is thinking of upgrading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

more suited to the Mac forum tbh, but nice machines nonetheless.

UNLESS you want to upgrade the ram etc after you buy it. cos you cant. ever.

you need the 27 inch with the extra ram slots for that.

good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

8Gb is more than enough for 90% of users and the other 10% should have the cop on to but the extra on order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

just got my new imac 21.5" from pc world tonight. its absolutely amazing.
    got it in pc world carrickmines. its so thin compared to the old one and alot faster than my old 20" imac. would definitely recommend this to any one who is thinking of upgrading

Odd your last 2 posts (your last posts in years Scrappieman were both about the same store), and the same to you SimplyRed12. I am suspicious-faced. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Odd your last 2 posts (your last posts in years Scrappieman were both about the same store), and the same to you SimplyRed12. I am suspicious-faced. :cool:

Had the same thought :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I saw one yesterday in CompuB - looked good.

And fwiw, I wouldn't buy a blank DVD from PC World.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Dades wrote: »
    I saw one yesterday in CompuB - looked good.

DVD? I wouldn't buy the carrier bag in it in fear I'd be sold 'know how/geek squad' usage on how to open it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭vinnycoyne

Moved from Apple Media Devices to Mac

• Registered Users Posts: 25,357 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Dades wrote: »

Even with an extended warranty? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

dmcg90 wrote: »

DVD? I wouldn't buy the carrier bag in it in fear I'd be sold 'know how/geek squad' usage on how to open it.

Geek squad aren't in pc world.

• Site Banned Posts: 236 ✭✭vader65

I have a 2010 iMac and I love it, was in the Apple Store in Belfast last week and wow hada play on the new one it is amazingly thin! Seems abit quicker as well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I'm considering selling my old iMac to fund an upgrade. So a 27 inch 2009 imac or 21.5 inch 2012 iMac?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

if you want the 27", I'd say save up for the 2012 model..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

I too, bought the new iMac in comp b. compared to my old 2007 iMac it is brilliant. This is my 3rd., one. Was a PC man for many years.. Now completely mac. Have installed Microsoft on it. Best of both worlds.

Gave up one the PC the time it took to wake up and the virus problems. Have total protection on the mac

Advertisement