Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dylon Machine dye

Options
  • 04-12-2012 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

Does anyone have experience of using it in washer/dryer? Is it safe?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Totally safe. For best results use fine grained salt (Saxa is grand).

I normally put a dark wash through afterwards but tbh it should be totally grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

Thanks, I was just weary as it is a new machine the last thing we need is to break it. Have you tried this before?

Oh yeah, Ive dyed a good few things in the machine. I used to use the cold water dyes years ago, the machine ones are so clean and easy by comparison!!

I only ever had one disaster and that was when I used huge lumps of salt from some container Id gotten from Lidl or somewhere - it kind of clumped together and didnt dissolve so the dye didnt take - machine was fine though!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

Thanks a million :D

If you are nervous about dye being left somewhere in the internals of the machine then do an empty hot wash afterwards just to clean it out - but you really dont need to.

I have special machine washing out stuff (I had a problem with smells coming from the waste water pipe - engineer said to clean it out every few months and flogged me a box of sachets) so if you have anything like that you could use it afterwards too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement