Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone want to move furniture etc. from Germany to Ireland?

Options
  • 04-12-2012 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi all,

I am moving from Ireland to Germany in January. If anyone here knows anyone who is moving back to Ireland from Germany (Munich) around then with furniture or boxes, please put them in touch with me at

<snip>

as it would make sense to share the cost of renting a Van and/or driving it back

Thanks a million!

Diana

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahfancy

Hi Diana,

We are also planning to move to Germany, but in Feb/March. Did you find a moving company or are you renting a truck?

Just looking at options. Thanks!

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

mdb6000 wrote: »
    Diana
    How come your signature says Diana, but your email said John?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lorna Dooley

Hi
    I am moving back in September and am not sure what to bring back and what to sell! Depends on moving prices, any advice? I definitely will bring my guitars some books apple imac. Does Sony TV work there, it's two years old.
    Also my furniture couch particularly is so big I think I'd need to store it first.
    I also have a German car but its 10 years old Opel Corsa was thinking of driving that over fromLe Havre (with ship:) ) but don't know if I would have to pay import tax etc.
    Anyone out there with advice I would be sooooo grateful!
    Love Lorna

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭G-Man

Hi,
    We used a firm from outside Miesbach (south of munich) from Munich-Dublin and vice versa a few times
    (PM me for more info)

They quoted the best prices at the time (for an apartment load... bed, sofa, + lots of boxes ).. They never counted them after the quote, there could have been twice the amount at the end. They generally pick up on a particular day and then maybe wait a week in storage until they have a load to go to Ireland. They did it personally each time i.e. the same guy who picked up in Munich, unpacked in Dublin..( actual box pack/unpack costs more)

We had thought about other ways (hire a van / buy a van) but again you factor in time off work and help loading and unloading it does not pay. The flexibility of them using storage for a few or many days ( not charged for) gives great flexibility when starting to rent or give up your apartment on either side

PM me if you need more infer

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lorna Dooley

Thanks for the info :) but have decided to sell nearly everything now and drive to Le Havre and get ferry to Rosslare.

It's only round €150 with a cabin (with own wc and shower) 17 hour crossing. That way I can bring my computer guitar and some books etc and have a car over there straight away even if it is left hand drive.

Does anyone know how long I can drive it there before getting Irish number plates?

Regards
    Lorna

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Does anyone know how long I can drive it there before getting Irish number plates?
    Pretty sure a year, and if you're moving over here "forever" (as opposed to a 6 month vacation), I'm pretty sure you don't need to pay VRT but read the info here to confirm. Also ask over on our car forum, as the people there usually have an idea.

General "moving to Ireland" info; http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/moving_country/moving_to_ireland/

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Registered Users Posts: 10 VanessaOutsider

Hi Sarahfancy,

We are moving from Munich to Dublin in March. Maybe we could share a van or something. Did you get sorted? We are still looking at options.

Regards

Vanessa

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sivad301

Hi, I need to get someone to move some sculptures for me from Munich To Dingle, Ireland.Could you give me the name of the movers you used?
    Thanks

Advertisement