Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry battery dying after unlocking network

Options
  • 04-12-2012 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, feel free to move!

Yesterday I unlocked my Blackberry from the vodafone network, and straight away the battery life deteriorated. It had a full battery last night at 11.30 but when I woke at 6 this morning it had died completely. Again, charged it fully this morning, left for college at 8.30 with a full battery and by 12 it was dead again.

Anyone know any reasons why this might be happening? I don't know if unlocking it has anything to do with the problem but thought I should include this detail in case. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Did you move to three? And specifically what model blackberry do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sunrise91

Blackberry Curve 8500 and no, I moved to O2.

Take the battery out for a couple of minutes and pop it back in then charge it up and see if it stops acting up. Post back if you've still got issues after that

Tried that, still dying really quickly. I've WiFi turned off and no apps running so shouldn't be dying this quick!

It's not caused by the unlocking. Have you installed any new apps recently? The only other thing would be that if the network signal was weaker then your previous network then your phone has to work harder to hold that signal and thus drain the battery quicker

• Advertisement

None, it was working fine until I switched it off to put in the new sim and it's been acting up ever since.

Advertisement