Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorola Razr I or a Nokia Lumia 800?

Options
  • 04-12-2012 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi,

I'd like a smartphone and have one overriding priority : Cost.

In that light I'm trying to decide between the Motorola Razr I and a Nokia Lumia 800.

It's a monthly billpay contract, and the difference in upfront cost between the two phones is €50 (the Motorola Razr being more expensive) which I am prepared to pay.

I don't need to do anything radical with the phone, small amount of txting/phone calls and medium internet usage < 1gb a month.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Have you played with either?

What do you want help with?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭brianorb

I haven't really played with either. I've held the Lumia and liked the look and feel of it;

I'd like to know if performance is decent on both devices? Is there any lag?

I'm assuming the Razr is very flexible in the sense that it's Android and that the Lumia is more locked down from the perspective of apps? However I don't intend to do a huge amount with apps - just some; and I don't want to have to pay for each and every app I might want to use.

(I have a feeling I am not overly sure what I want, sorry!)

Thanks for your reply.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Ye, well if you dont want to do a whole lot with it, i suggest you try play with both, or as near as possible, because it will really depend how you like one OS against the other. As your usage for it is just calls texts etc than the spec doesn't mean to much.

If you like the feel of the lumia, and are happy with how the W7 works its what I would personally go for, plus its that bit cheaper ;)

I might add, that you may choose to buy it payg as its recently reduced with most networks to save yourself being locked into a contract.

Forget to say, post your usage for calls, texts, data etc and someone might give you ideas on plans or networks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Camera is poor enough on the Lumia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭tcjpmcd

I'm getting the Nokia lumia 800 on saturday and to be honest from reading reviews and the lumia seems top notch for only 149.99 on meteor.

Great gaming processor, decent camera, well built and windows 7.5 soon to be windows 7.8 makes things even better. :)

Advertisement