Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

Top 5 Fictional Tyrannosaurs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭ Kess73

Without Satanus, Old One Eye, or Golgatha in the top five it is nowt more than list fail.

2000AD really did have the best Rex characters :D

And how did I forget this messed up Rex from DinoCrisis 3

Loved the Dino Crisis series. :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 84,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Capt'n Midnight

Gwangi wasn't on the list either, fair enough Gwangi wasn't a tyrannosaur but Megatron ???

From the start of Godzilla Vs. King Ghidorah
    Yasuaki Shindo (played by Yoshio Tsuchiya) was a military officer who, while facing from American forces in 1944, encountered a dinosaur on a deserted island near Japan. The dinosaur defeated the Americans and the Japanese troops escaped unharmed. Ten years later, a nuclear bomb mutated the dinosaur into Godzilla. - I'm still not sure if the dinosaur was mutated, perhaps it and Godzilla are different ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Adam Khor

I think Gwangi is supossed to be an Allosaurus.

Terrible list IMO. The JP T-Rex is 5th place?? How is that even possible?

And I think the male T-Rex from TLW is even more badass than the original. Say what you want about TLW but when I saw the movie at age 9 I thought the San Diego rampage was about the most epic thing I had ever seen in my life.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRR0Jm0CiKhBUZQb6QhWnH2af1UBdzOTy_A5syKhqQhGSBe_CKWA

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE_.jpg

0ae5d51dd2b34ee45991ca6d383dcf35.jpg

Also, the one from the original Fantasia dinosaur sequence. It had three claws on each hand but was oficially a Tyrannosaurus, and as cartoonish and cute as it may look nowadays, this sequence defined the picture of dinos and the Mesozoic in the minds of many:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzD4xXRW72uuZ_XBqBcKXhaJlWICiW6HFmTWXqytAdmIUKbigRhw

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPtAaVBLPi_5z8bnEDUVvgn4lTEWE8f4Vy5kKya78PmpgX9KD7Gw

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭ Galvasean

Gwangi wasn't on the list either, fair enough Gwangi wasn't a tyrannosaur but Megatron ???

I have a couple of Megatron toys up in the loft. Great things altogether. One of them fires missiles, squirts water, the lot! Think I prefer teh one with the jet pack though. You can't beat a flying T. rex with a D4 accent...

270px-Megs_transmetal.JPG
    From the start of Godzilla Vs. King Ghidorah
    Yasuaki Shindo (played by Yoshio Tsuchiya) was a military officer who, while facing from American forces in 1944, encountered a dinosaur on a deserted island near Japan. The dinosaur defeated the Americans and the Japanese troops escaped unharmed. Ten years later, a nuclear bomb mutated the dinosaur into Godzilla. - I'm still not sure if the dinosaur was mutated, perhaps it and Godzilla are different ?

IIRC that dino did later become Godzilla. I think he was a 'Godzillasaurus' to begin with.
    Adam Khor wrote: »
    The JP T-Rex is 5th place?? How is that even possible?

If you are suggesting that the JP Rex deserves to outrank Sharptooth I will take you out back and fight you...

[quote=Adam Khor[/quote]
    Also, the one from the original Fantasia dinosaur sequence. It had three claws on each hand but was oficially a Tyrannosaurus, and as cartoonish and cute as it may look nowadays, this sequence defined the picture of dinos and the Mesozoic in the minds of many:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzD4xXRW72uuZ_XBqBcKXhaJlWICiW6HFmTWXqytAdmIUKbigRhw
    [/QUOTE]

Bloody Fantasia. Spent much of my childhood having to explain to other kids that T. rex and Stegosaurus never met only for them to cite a Disney cartoon as proof. It was like the time I had to explain how an octopus was not a fish, but that's a different story...
    :mad:

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »
    I have a couple of Megatron toys up in the loft. Great things altogether. One of them fires missiles, squirts water, the lot! Think I prefer teh one with the jet pack though. You can't beat a flying T. rex with a D4 accent...

Oh I don't know. I think a G1 Grimlock with a scouse accent trumps that.

"Me Grimlock la"

That would explain why they made his arms bigger as the series progressed.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 84,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Capt'n Midnight

Adam Khor wrote: »
    I think Gwangi is supossed to be an Allosaurus.
    yes,
    but at least Gwangi was a creature of flesh and blood, a theropod .

And no mention of calvinosaurus

Or this awesomeness
    trexf14.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Adam Khor

Galvasean wrote: »
    If you are suggesting that the JP Rex deserves to outrank Sharptooth I will take you out back and fight you...

Bring it on! :pac: Sharptooth was awesome but the T-Rex from JP was just the REAL THING! (At least back then to five year old me :cool:).

In terms of making a real dino, yeah. I don't think any recreation of a dinosaur on screen before or since has matched the T. rex from the original JP. I don't mean in terms of scientific accuracy mind - just how convincing it looked.

• Advertisement
Advertisement