Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cot bed mattress

Options
  • 04-12-2012 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

So we have the cot bed but just now need to get a mattress sorted.

There seems to be lots of price variation and diff types of mattress.

What has everyone gone for and why??

Springs? Foam? Etc...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Meshel

We got our new one in mothercare it was on sale at €116. Went the spring version as they said it was better quality then foam as the form can flatten over time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

We got the Mamas and Papas Sleepsafe Pocket Sprung mattress from Argos. A bit more expensive than some options, but as it's going to get 4 or 5 years of use at least it made sense. It's hypoallergenic and has a removable cover.

We're very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭june92

Hi Nicky
    The pocket sprung mattress is the recommended mattress for a cotbed because it offers more support to child as they grow. You will be using the cotbed as a junior bed eventually until the child is going to single bed so they need support in the spine. The pocket sprung springs are closer together making it firmer. Normal spring mattress are good for cots but wouldn't offer support for child when they are 3+.

I'd second what squiggler said about hypoallergenic and removable cover. Also see if mattress has built in waterproof layer (Permex layer) so you don't have to be buying protector for potty nighttime accidents.

X

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

For a cotbed I would definately get a sprung mattress.
    We have a foam one in the cot and an expensive (well ikea expensive) sprung mattress in the toddler bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

We got the foam one. It's what we could afford. I have to turn it every time I change the sheets but it still had a little dip in the middle. Having said that its on baby no 2 and its not too bad. Get what you can afford and either will keep babs cosy and safe. Don't fret too much over it. He/she will probably be in your bed.half the time for cuddles! Best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

We decided to go for the pocket sprung one... Ordered this morning! Thanks for the advice everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Were are people getting their mattresses?Gona try pick one up tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

We ordered from mothercare online

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

we found one in the store we liked and ordered it online from amazon.co.uk. got free shipping with super saver! its a momma and poppas one, but a lot cheaper! (and i didnt have to lug it around lol!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Rachineire-what type of mama's and papa's mattress was it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement