Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Classic Rock concerts coming up...

• 04-12-2012 12:31pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.nme.com/news/fleetwood-mac/67531
    Discussing the prospect of playing European shows, meanwhile, she said: "If everything goes will we'll be in Europe doing festivals this summer. Then we'll actually tour Europe, which is different than just doing festivals. Then we might do 15 or so shows in Australia."

Her comments could spark renewed speculation that the band are set to headline Glastonbury when the festival returns in 2013. When previously asked about the rumours, festival boss Emily Eavis said: "I think Fleetwood Mac would be amazing to get, I’ll be totally honest we haven’t had any conversations with them yet but, you know, it is still early days. We’re just talking to some headliners now. For us it’s about getting the balance of heritage bands, legends and new bands – just keeping that balance."

No mention of an Irish gig and it mightn't happen but let's see!

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

I'd love to see this live:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭furiousox

Saw them last time in the O2 (2-3 years ago?) and they were incredible, one of the best gigs I've ever seen.
    Lindsey B is a very underrated guitarist, his solo at the end of 'I'm So Afraid' is Comfortably Numb-esque!
    And when they did 'Oh Well' the place went ape$hit!

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭LashingLady

Saw them in 2009 and they didn't disappoint! Lindsay doing Big Love all on his own was the highlight of the show.

Dying to hear the Europe dates, reckon they'll definitely play Dublin sure they can charge so much for tickets it's worth it for them, it was €90 in 2009!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭repsol

furiousox wrote: »
    Saw them last time in the O2 (2-3 years ago?) and they were incredible, one of the best gigs I've ever seen.
    Lindsey B is a very underrated guitarist, his solo at the end of 'I'm So Afraid' is Comfortably Numb-esque!
    And when they did 'Oh Well' the place went ape$hit!

Agree with you about Lindsey B. I have a nephew who is a very gifted guitarist and I have been trying to get him to look at Lindsey for inspiration instead of just following Clapton etc like everyone else.A concert here would be great,don't care what it costs!:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Excellent gig the last time I saw them a few years back, Buckingham really is a smashing guitarist!! I'm sure ticket prices will be horrendous though!!

• Site Banned Posts: 236 ✭✭vader65

Disappointed about no mention of a Irish date! Would have loved to see them here but not holding out..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

I wonder if they'll headline Glasto??

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Journey-tickets/artist/735415

Journey and Whitesnake in the odyssey but no ROI dates as yet...

Renamed the thread so I have a place to dump any concert info in the one place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭RayCon

April 22nd - Michael Schenker, Vicar St
    May 1st - Saxon, The Academy
    May 18th - Steve Hackett, Vicar St

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Journey-tickets/artist/735415

Journey and Whitesnake in the odyssey but no ROI dates as yet...

Renamed the thread so I have a place to dump any concert info in the one place.

Anyone going to Rush in Manchester can catch Journey and Whitesnake with an extra night's stay.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Anyone going to Neil Young / Crazy Horse?

Mastadon gig coming up too.
    Rod Stewart, Blondie, Elvis Costello all coming up too.
    And Saxon.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭buckfast69

I got tickets to neil young and crazy horse in june. I cant wait i saw neil a few years back in the marquee it was hands down the best gig ive ever been too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Going to Neil Young also - setlists from past year look great, good mix of solo material and Crazy Horse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

repsol wrote: »

Agree with you about Lindsey B. I have a nephew who is a very gifted guitarist and I have been trying to get him to look at Lindsey for inspiration instead of just following Clapton etc like everyone else.A concert here would be great,don't care what it costs!:)

If you want your nephew to be Fleetwood mac inspired, be sure to have his check out peter green Fleetwood mac. Rattlesnake shake and green manalishi live in Boston, it doesn't get much better than that when it comes to blues. Blows Clapton out of the water.

Back on topic, I am sooo excited for roger waters. Saw him in the o2 doing the wall (and dsotm before that), incredible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭furiousox

3 gigs to look forward to (so far) for me

Wilko Johnson (Glasgow) First saw him in the mid '80's, this will be the last time I get to see him. Still the best live band I've ever seen.
    Neil Young/Crazy Horse (RDS)
    Roger Waters (Aviva)

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Fleetwood Mac play the 02 on Sept 20th.

Advertisement