Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 8 Error Bad_Pool_Header

Options
  • 03-12-2012 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    So recently got a new laptop, Sony Vaio - grand job. Windows 8 - looks flashy.

Anyway one week later out of the blue I suddenly get BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER.

Downloaded a program called BlueScreenViewer to see the reason and this is what I got:

The error was caused by CLVirtualDrive.sys -> now I have Daemon Tools running on my system and have loaded images etc.

Anyone have similar problems? I'm guessing Daemon Tools is the issue here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,032 ✭✭✭✭unkel

That file is related to some piece of CyberLink software. Right click on the far bottom left side of the screen in Windows 8, click on control panel, click programs and features, right click on anything that says CyberLink and click uninstall. Problem most likely solved :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Yep thanks, seems to have done the job, did a disk check too. All seems 100% again.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,032 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Nice one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Did you try turning it off and then on again? runs away..

Advertisement