Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 250GB console only Argos 203.99 euros

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭BENDERS LINKS

What about PS3? Any good deals on that?

New xbox is most likely out next year...hence the clearance of the current systems
    Id highly advise anyone to wait

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

New xbox is most likely out next year...hence the clearance of the current systems

The new system won't be out till this time next year at the earliest and will cost at least €450 for the cheaper version. The 360 Pro 20Gb was €520 when released.

There are still a load of top games coming to the 360 next year. GTA5, Bioshock Infinite, Splinter Cell Blacklist, CoD Modern Warfare 4. Same as the PS3.

Plus if you have never owned a 360 there is 7 years worth of quality games to get through.

PS4 likely in Q4 next year aswell, but we're probably talking €500+ (I'd imagine, I haven't looked) for it and the Xbox so at €200 this is really not a bad price while waiting for a price drop on the new ones.

Edit: +1 to what Cap said^^^

The new system won't be out till this time next year at the earliest and will cost at least €450 for the cheaper version. The 360 Pro 20Gb was €520 when released

There was a leaked document earlier on the year that was legit, that confirmed that wasn't the case actually; they hope to around the €350 mark if I remember bundled with a more advanced kinect.

Just remember, the technology in a 360 is also seven years old. Don't expect to get more than 2 years life out of it it; unless you like playing on outdated hardware.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

...Just remember, the technology in a 360 is also seven years old. Don't expect to get more than 2 years life out of it it; unless you like playing on outdated hardware.

Whats better for 200?

There was a leaked document earlier on the year that was legit, that confirmed that wasn't the case actually; they hope to around the €350 mark if I remember bundled with a more advanced kinect.
    Here.

I'd have my doubts though.

Edit: Actually, considering that you can build a very nice Gaming PC for €700 now, that would be more powerful than either console and with all the extra things you can do with a Desktop, they will have to be very careful this time with the launch prices...maybe €350-€500 models are possible...

Still nothing wrong with €200 xbox now, would rather PS though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

BostonB wrote: »
    Whats better for 200?

HMV are selling the XBox 360 for €199 with a game thrown in. They're also doing a deal on the XBox 360 Kinect with 3 games for €269 which is a pretty good deal. Deals are valid until Thursday according to the lad I spoke to but he said they may be extended.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    HMV are selling the XBox 360 for €199 with a game thrown in. They're also doing a deal on the XBox 360 Kinect with 3 games for €269 which is a pretty good deal. Deals are valid until Thursday according to the lad I spoke to but he said they may be extended.
    Any idea what size is it the 4gb or 260gb ? Not sure what one to go for its for 3 kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

deisediva wrote: »
    Any idea what size is it the 4gb or 260gb ? Not sure what one to go for its for 3 kids.

probably about 30 euros difference - go for the biggest. You can hold more games\films etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Ceist_Beag wrote: »

I think thats the 4gb 360......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

whiterebel wrote: »
    I think thats the 4gb 360......

Yes you're right whiterebel, same for the kinect one.

Advertisement