Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Acceleration lag

Options
  • 03-12-2012 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I noticed a problem with my car over the weekend while driving on the motor way.

The car is a 2004 bmw 320d (E46).

I noticed that while gearing up acceleration seemed to lag for seconds at 80kph, accelerated to 100kph, lagged again for few seconds and then loads of power to 120 kph.

Now this doesn't happen always. Its intermittent. When the lag occurred I could put my foot all the way down on the accelerator and no difference.

However while driving the car today I didn't notice the problem. Its was really cold out while driving at the weekend and maybe this was a factor ??

Does anyone know what might be causing this ? I'm hoping its not turbo related.

Cheers
    Jack.

Advertisement