Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 years today

Options
  • 03-12-2012 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

still cant believe its 6 years today that our 11 month old son died of sudden heart failure. i still struggle every day with depression. i managed to get my self of the xanax which i was on for about 18 months. really bad cold turkey for the first 2-3 weeks. i just cant seem to get rid off the dark cloud that seems to hang over me all the time. im also unemployed at the moment so any ideas how to give myself a kick up the butt and get into the xmas spirit again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 paulap

christmas is a harsh reminder of those we have lost. its very positive that you want to be able to enjoy it and thats a very progressive place to be in, well done you are surviving and thats tough but you dont need anyone else telling you that. the added stressor of being unemployed id say isnt helping. my idea would be try something new go ice skating archery anything youd never normally do i found it great when i missed my partner plus the activity was new like a new me doing things id never thought of
    sending you a big hug
    and remember whatever your beliefs are he is still with you helping you heal

• Registered Users Posts: 33,184 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Such a sad story. Losing an adult is hard enough, but since I have become a father I could never imagine having to deal with the death of a child.

You must be doing so well to get to 6yrs and still have your senses about you, I don't think I could do what you have done. Keep your head up and try to remember the good memories of your child, every little smile and that he is in a better place where he can feel no pain.

May you continue to get the strength to carry on and remember him each and every day for those precious 11 months you were together.

Advertisement