Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Student Debit Card

Options
  • 03-12-2012 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi, lads. I'm 17 and got a maestro debit card from my local AIB branch a few weeks ago and I just tried to make a purchase online with it. I'm aware that maestro is very unpopular on the internet and not many sites take it but I'm positive this one does! Basically my order got cancelled because the site said they couldn't process the payment and to contact my bank. I tried reordering a number of times over a few days to make sure it just wasn't the site that was down. Anyone ever have any problems with AIB putting a block on their card or anything like that? Really want to be able to make purchases online with this. Cheers in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 redrozy

jc4517 wrote: »
    Hi, lads. I'm 17 and got a maestro debit card from my local AIB branch a few weeks ago and I just tried to make a purchase online with it. I'm aware that maestro is very unpopular on the internet and not many sites take it but I'm positive this one does! Basically my order got cancelled because the site said they couldn't process the payment and to contact my bank. I tried reordering a number of times over a few days to make sure it just wasn't the site that was down. Anyone ever have any problems with AIB putting a block on their card or anything like that? Really want to be able to make purchases online with this. Cheers in advance!
    A lot of websites that take maestro dont accept irish maestro. So annoying. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

I know this is a month old but just to explain it. The Maestro symbol on your Laser card is only good for in-store debit transactions in other countries, not suited for online use.

You can however use the Laser card on some sites i.e. asos.com

AIB are issuing Visa Debit cards which can be used anywhere online but I'm uncertain if you can get one or not since you're 17.

If push comes to shove get a 3V card or an o2 Money card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

PayPal is dead handy as well.

Advertisement