Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Patricks 2013

Options
  • 03-12-2012 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I will be in Dublin for St. Patricks in 2013..... I want to enjoy like the irish, not as a turist. So...... What to you dubliners do? Where to go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Lulibs wrote: »
    I will be in Dublin for St. Patricks in 2013..... I want to enjoy like the irish, not as a turist. So...... What to you dubliners do? Where to go?

Hi there Lulibs,

Firstly, Welcome to Boards :)
    Secondly, Moved from Travel to Dublin City where it would be better suited as related to Dublin.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I'd say the Dubliners will be out watching the parade with the tourists, or staying at home. I wouldn't worry about trying to get an authentic experience in Dublin, OP: it's all the same experience.

If you want something completely non-touristy, spend the day out of Dublin and go to one of the provincial parades, Athlone or Dundalk, maybe. You won't hear quite so many tourists' accents there.

Oh, and it's St. Patrick's Day, or Patrick's Day, or Paddy's Day -- always with the Day. Calling it "St. Patrick's" is guaranteed to make you sound like a tourist :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Most Dublin people stay at home.

Advertisement