Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new kit - battery?

Options
  • 03-12-2012 2:50pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

I got a kanger starter kit this morning with the following:

2 650mah/900mah Joyetech Ego-C Twist Batteries.(Black)
    2 Kanger T3 Clearomizers (2.4-2.6ohms) (I think I got T2's as it fills from the top and not the bottom)
    1 Joyetech USB Charger
    1 Mains Plug
    1 Ego Carry Case
    1 Wingnuts Sample Pack (e-liquid)

Anyway I charged up both batteries, but when I click on them five times, the light comes on, then blinks three times and goes off, I can't seem to get the battery to power on?

Am I missing something stupid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

That blinking is a sign it's powering on/off.

Try pressing the button once afterwards and if it lights up it's on. If not do the 5 press thing again

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

sept09baby wrote: »
    That blinking is a sign it's powering on/off.

Try pressing the button once afterwards and if it lights up it's on. If not do the 5 press thing again

Tried that already several times, no joy on either battery :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Do the batteries have ego-C written at the base of them by any chance??
    I have purchased similar and my batteries both died (NO writing on them at all). Yet the replacement I received for the first dud one has ego-C written at the base of it and is working perfect.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Do the batteries have ego-C written at the base of them by any chance??
    I have purchased similar and my batteries both died (NO writing on them at all). Yet the replacement I received for the first dud one has ego-C written at the base of it and is working perfect.

Yep they do they are ego-C Twist.

If I hold down the button after doing the five click thing they now work.

It could be that I assumed they would just switch on and didn't realise I've to depress the button everytime I want to use them :o

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Yep that's it. They're manual batteries so you hold the button down every time you take a puff. Can be a bit odd at first but you soon get in to the habit of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Stheno wrote: »
    Yep they do they are ego-C Twist.

If I hold down the button after doing the five click thing they now work.

It could be that I assumed they would just switch on and didn't realise I've to depress the button everytime I want to use them :o

I've been there too :D

To be honest, some kit is more complicated that it needs to be IMO. I mean, why do you need to click the button five times, and in the space of two seconds? Is there a problem with just having an on/off button? Also, some starter kits have no instructions and the whole e-cig thing can be a bit confusing for newbies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

jakdublin wrote: »

To be honest, some kit is more complicated that it needs to be IMO. I mean, why do you need to click the button five times, and in the space of two seconds? Is there a problem with just having an on/off button? Also, some starter kits have no instructions and the whole e-cig thing can be a bit confusing for newbies.
    To stop the battery from being fired accidentally for potentially long periods and exploding a part of your thigh or ass or whatever off.
    Lack of instructions is bad though. Saying that, I'd prefer no instructions to Engrish-style stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

grindle wrote: »
    To stop the battery from being fired accidentally for potentially long periods and exploding a part of your thigh or ass or whatever off.
    Lack of instructions is bad though. Saying that, I'd prefer no instructions to Engrish-style stuff.

Cheers for that. Thought there must be a reason, and that sounds like a good one!

jakdublin wrote: »

Yeah I just had a video to watch on the e-smokeireland site, and even though I watched it three times before I posted on here, it didn't seem to say anything about depressing the button. They were very explicit about the five button click thing, so when it wasn't explicit about depressing the button I didn't notice.

Going well so far though, now that I have got it working :D

I got some strong menthol flavoured juice as I always like menthol cigs even though I smoked Marlboro lights.

I'm not using it the way I'd have a fag though, I'm maybe having one or two very long puffs and then I've had enough if that makes sense?

So not puffing away like I would on a cig, more using it to get a nicotine hit and then I'm fine for however long?

I've three other flavours to try too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Stheno wrote: »

Yeah I just had a video to watch on the e-smokeireland site, and even though I watched it three times before I posted on here, it didn't seem to say anything about depressing the button. They were very explicit about the five button click thing, so when it wasn't explicit about depressing the button I didn't notice.

if that was the DBX one, sorry about that. didn't think about it when I made it

• Advertisement

if that was the DBX one, sorry about that. didn't think about it when I made it

It was :D

It was great until I got to the missing press the button if you want to vape bit :) Actually really helpful, OH is thinking about getting a kit depending on how I get on, and I was watching it thinking he'd manage fine with it (he's a bit of a luddite :D)

To be fair, it was the one where you locked one battery and were rooting around for another? Then it looked like you just vaped away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭banger01

One other thing to watch out for with eGo-C Twist batteries is when you charge them, for some reason they seem to be turned on, so make sure you switch them off when you remove them from the charger if you are not using them ... hope this makes sense?

Advertisement