Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vamo

Options
  • 03-12-2012 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Anyone got their hands on the Vamo yet? What's the verdict?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

mine arrived this morning so only about two hour's worth of use so far... but... i like it. it's not the big massive thing i thought it would be. it's SOLID, much better quality than i thought it would be for the price, but it's not massive. the metal buttons on it are nice and clicky, and look nicer in person than the coloured buttons did in photos i think. the screen is nice and bright, the functions [such as they are] are easy to change.

i'm not as deep into the tech as a lot here are, so i'm not sure if this is even the case... but it FEELS like you get more power at the same voltages on a twist. for me 4v on this thing is more powerful than 4v on a twist, etc. but i just fiddle around till it tastes nice - numbers don't really matter to me.

the only thing i don't like so far, and it's only a small thing - but when you're firing the button and vaping, it seems to fire for a millisecond after you take your finger off the button. fairly easy to get used to though.

no idea what battery life is like yet but there's a few on here have it longer than i do. i'd say go for it if yer thinking of it. €39?! bargain :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the vamo is the one that switches between Vavg and Vrms isn't it? one of them is more "true" to the voltage, so 4v will hit like 4v and the other is a miscalculation (or using the wrong method of calculation) that a few other VV mods had been using for a while so 4v will hit like 5v or whatever. i dont know why they bothered including both, if a user wants 5v they should just set 5v on a device that's calibrated properly.

pretty sure scott mentions how to switch between vavg and vrms modes in this review

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

the vamo is the one that switches between Vavg and Vrms isn't it? one of them is more "true" to the voltage, so 4v will hit like 4v and the other is a miscalculation (or using the wrong method of calculation) that a few other VV mods had been using for a while so 4v will hit like 5v or whatever. i dont know why they bothered including both, if a user wants 5v they should just set 5v on a device that's calibrated properly.

yup, seen that. not enough time to fiddle about with it today though - off to the dentist. ever tried vaping with a numb jaw? should i buy a bib on the way home? :(

depends what you're getting done. if it's an extraction, just dont vape for 24 hours minimum. if it's a filling, go for it. just keep a tissue handy for the drool

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

My Vamos arrived today. I was able to cancel my Vapourworld order and got them from thebestshop.eu instead.

They're the v2 of the device and come with the metal buttons instead of those funny off-pink plastic ones. They come with a larger spring you can swap in too, this will be needed for most 18650 batteries I think, I have a 2200mah AW IMR in there now with the normal spring and it does move about a bit.

They are a little taller than a lavatube, but not a whole lot, if you're happy enough with the size of a lavatube yo uwon't mind these at all. They feel much more solid though, and they're noticeably heavier too, but in a reassuring kind of way. With an AGA-t on top they could probably be classified as an offensive weapon :) The buttons feel good and solid too. The screen is good and bright, and very clear. It's the same one as the Gripper VV for anyone familiar with that.

I've only had a few quick vapes with it, and they've been with a dodgy boge carto that wasn't doing too well on the lavatube. So far I'm very impressed, it seems much better, it feels somehow more consistent for the entire length of the draw, no matter how long it is. I'll have to make up a few RDA coils later to try it out properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Still waiting for my one, looking forward to it, have to get down the carlow and pick up that AGA-T for it :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Well I'm pretty impressed with it so far. Beats the lavatubes hands down. It probably won't make a Provari owner jealous, but it's enough to keep me from buying one for another few months.

Mine arrived this morning from ESI, who kindly substituted AWS 18350's for 2 out of stock efests I ordered. Class act that pair. *nod of gradititude*

Nothing really to add to what's already been said, tis a fingerprint magnet, solid enough build quality, clear screen etc.

I have it setup with an 18650 Efest and it vapes the spiral dripper great in VW mode on 8.5W. Good to be able to see the power left in the battery.

The Vivi Mini I carry with me displays its' Ohm's at 6.0 though, instead of the expected 2.4. Which is weird, might be a reasonable explanation for that, a carto and the dripper both register Ohms correctly.

Looking forward to getting it home later and trying it with the Aga-T.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

stevenmu wrote: »
    It probably won't make a Provari owner jealous,
    :p;)

Had this for a week now and I have to share, it's excellent.

Here's a review from *that guy* :

With the Aga-T or the dripper pro, it just performs great everytime.

VW is the only way to fly vape.

At the price point, it's the perfect mod upgrade from ego twists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

Currently enjoying this...

VAMOChai&Toro.jpg

Thats highbrow Chai tea (omnomnom) and cigarillos. Vamo is great. lovin variable wattage. perfect upgrade from the twist for me. Have never seen/played with a provari, but can't see why anyone would require anything more. I use this mostly in it's "mini" form.

Atty is "Herb" rebuildable (current coil is reading 1.6Ohm) from tbs; which I've found to be great. Good price and much less fiddly and better build quality compared to the phoenix clone I'd initially dabbled in. Just thought I'd share.

that's the vamo in its mini mode?!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

Ah... just without the telescopic piece. Takes 1 x 18350 battery that way.

Hang on... actually read what you typed...

No that's with the telescopic bit (bottom quarter say). My 18350's ran outta juice and haven't charged them yet

• Registered Users Posts: 11 shamreez

I was thinking of getting a VAMO but finally ended up getting the Sigelly Zmax and oh boy it the was the best decision I made.

It looks a million bucks and vapes amazing.

It is pretty expensive compared to the vamo but I guess for me it is money well spent. I got it from Electravapes.com who shipped it to me here in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

What batteries are people using in their Vamo?

Using both types, the 18650 is great, but when I stack two 18350's there's a subtle difference to the vape, seems stronger or something, hard to explain, but it's there.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Are they the nipple top batteries or flat top ones?

nipple top, I don't imagine the flat top ones would work as well without stretching the spring or adding a small extender like a magnet etc.

Advertisement