Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groupon Steam mop

Options
  • 03-12-2012 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

http://www.groupon.ie/deals/national-deals/markettown/13735712

Does anyone know anything about this type of steam mop?

the make is pifco, at first it seems like a great deal, €89 reduced from €220,
    but then a bit of searching around shows lots of others at the same low price.

Also I've searched for threads recommending a steam mop and haven't really found a definitive answer. I don't want to spend money on something that we won't use.

We have all wooden floors in our house so if it was a decent mop it would be a great help.

Any advice would be great

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Hi, I.ll be watching your thread with interest...I.v been thinking of buying one of these for ages, but I have.nt any friends with one, so not sure if they are worth the money....Hope u get good feedback....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,357 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

That 'special deal' is for a 1300W Pifco Steam Mop, Amazon are selling a 1500W Pifco Steam Mop for GBP 39.99.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pifco-P29003-1500W-Steam-Mop/dp/B008B24RHG

Groupon and another 'special deal' company called Markettown are involved in that deal so there are two layers of so-called discounters involved, hence crap value as per all Groupon 'deals'.

Going back to the 1960s, Pifco was always a low quality, cheap brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Live at Three

Yeah I have learned over time that the original pre-discount prices are makey-uppey.

I was wary of the mop when the brand name wasn't mentioned in the description. Another clue was the listing of an on/off power switch with LED as a highlight!

Still though I'd like to know if anyone bought this or if anyone can recommend one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

This is probably another Groupon piece of trash like the Cooks Professional 2 cup filter coffee maker. A bit of googling should help.

Advertisement