Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open fire to Stove

Options
  • 03-12-2012 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi i have a back boiler on my open fire it heats whole house nice but i want to get a plumber to install a stove with a back boiler can this be connected into original pipe work from my open fire back boiler, i had 1 plumber told me if i change to stove boiler i need to replace all copper pipe.:eek:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Hi i have a back boiler on my open fire it heats whole house nice but i want to get a plumber to install a stove with a back boiler can this be connected into original pipe work from my open fire back boiler, i had 1 plumber told me if i change to stove boiler i need to replace all copper pipe.:eek:
    What's the question??

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭marinabannon

Sorry lol, can you change from open fire back boiler to stove type back boiler and will i have to replace all copper pipe work.
    P.s pipe work is less then 8 years old..........

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭jimjimt

It would take a survey to see if it is true or not. it would depend on how old and what condition your pipes are in. What size your pipe work is.

If they were in good condition you could use the return pipe for the new stove.
    There could be a bit of work connecting the flow top pipe to the stove. As the top pipe as to rise out of the stove it cannot go lower into the old back boiler pipe.
    Most of the time when you install a new stove where there use to be a back boiler there is clash with the flow pipe out of the stove and the fireplace head which holds up your chimney.
    So a bit of work to be done.

Pictures would be good to see existing pipes and pipe sizes and where they are in relation to the back boiler and fire place.

Perhaps hidden in a wall or press ?

Advertisement