Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Special offers that are active 'tomorrow' on Tesco Online

Options
  • 02-12-2012 11:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭

Some items are listed as, say, "Half Price valid from tomorrow (x/xx/xx) until x/xx/xx". The guide price to the right is the full price and when I add it to my basket it is also the full price (although it is coloured red like a special offer).

Am I right in saying that when charged, the order total will be less than whatever the total it is giving me here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Best not order until tomorrow then if you're in doubt. Ordering tonight may be considered outside the discount period unless you find something in writing that says prices are based on day of delivery.

[Edit]
    The price you pay is the price at the time it's prepared for delivery. If that's done tomorrow then you can expect the discounted price but if your order is packed tonight ready for delivery tomorrow then you may not get the discount.

http://www.tesco.ie/termsandconditions/termsconditionsGroc.htm
    4 Prices
    The price you will be charged for a product you have ordered will be the price at which it is on sale in store at the time your order is put together for dispatch. Because the prices of products may change frequently, this may not be the price at which the product was displayed on this Site at the time you place your order.

You may therefore return any product we deliver if the price charged has increased from the price shown on this Site when your order was placed. We will refund the price you have paid for this product where necessary.

In addition to paying for the products dispatched to you, you will have to pay for delivery at the rate applicable for the date and time of your delivery.
    [/Edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

Prices are based on delivery date. If you select the delivery date before shopping you get a message on anything you're buying that won't still be on sale on the delivery date.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

That's a bit unfair. If I wait until tomorrow I won't be able to get it delivered until Tuesday.

I thought you were only charged when you signed for the delivery - how else do they manage it when you reject any substitutions you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

That's a bit unfair. If I wait until tomorrow I won't be able to get it delivered until Tuesday.

I thought you were only charged when you signed for the delivery - how else do they manage it when you reject any substitutions you get?

You're only charged on delivery but (as the T&Cs clearly state) the price you are charged is set when your order was put together, not when it gets to your door. There's nothing unfair about it since their T&Cs are there for all to read.

Well it's 'tomorrow' now so if I put the order through surely it should be the special offer price?
    slimjimmc wrote: »
    There's nothing unfair about it since their T&Cs are there for all to read.
    Strange attitude to have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Well it's 'tomorrow' now so if I put the order through surely it should be the special offer price?

Strange attitude to have.
    Same thing happened me when i ordered special offers from tesco but it always went through at the reduced price, the computer systems obviously dont update the prices on the website in just a few minutes it could take several hours? but if you were worried you can always put a note on the item(s) for your picker asking them to check that you are getting the special offer price:)

I just 'changed' my order there after 12am and it's changed to the reduced price. About €15 less so you can see why I wanted it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

you can order now, for delivery tomorrow and you will be charged at tomorrows prices. the charge doesn't hit your card until the order is dispatched from store.

you can order now, for delivery tomorrow and you will be charged at tomorrows prices. the charge doesn't hit your card until the order is dispatched from store.
    But you pay whatever the price is at when the picker takes the items off the shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

No, you pay what ever prices are valid when the picker totals your order, this is done the morning of your delivery.

If your shopping is €195 today but €100 tomorrow when you get it delivered thats the price that is debited from your card.

So... if you know slab are going on offer on a certain date you can pre order and as long as the stock is in store you'll get the deal.

The site has gives you an estimated price when you check out but that's updated when your order is checked out instore. If you refuse an item, its processed as a refund and hits your account a few days later.

Before you could order one of an item and if an offer started on the delivery date you might have missed out on a BOGOF etc offer as you didnt know about it, but now they tell you what offers will be live on a Tuesday.

• Advertisement

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    No, you pay what ever prices are valid when the picker totals your order, this is done the morning of your delivery.

If your shopping is €195 today but €100 tomorrow when you get it delivered thats the price that is debited from your card.

So... if you know slab are going on offer on a certain date you can pre order and as long as the stock is in store you'll get the deal.

The site has gives you an estimated price when you check out but that's updated when your order is checked out instore. If you refuse an item, its processed as a refund and hits your account a few days later.

Before you could order one of an item and if an offer started on the delivery date you might have missed out on a BOGOF etc offer as you didnt know about it, but now they tell you what offers will be live on a Tuesday.
    If I order something tonight and it goes down in price or has a special offer after midnight and the picker picks the order tonight before the price changes I will be charged the old price. if they pick the item after the price changes I will get the lower/special offer price. What you are charged is based on the price when the order is picked not when it is dispatched or when your card is charged.

http://www.tesco.ie/termsandconditions/termsconditionsGroc.htm
    4 Prices
    The price you will be charged for a product you have ordered will be the price at which it is on sale in store at the time your order is put together for dispatch. Because the prices of products may change frequently, this may not be the price at which the product was displayed on this Site at the time you place your order.

You may therefore return any product we deliver if the price charged has increased from the price shown on this Site when your order was placed. We will refund the price you have paid for this product where necessary.

In addition to paying for the products dispatched to you, you will have to pay for delivery at the rate applicable for the date and time of your delivery.

Thats what i said, when they're picking your items they're totalling on the fly, so you get charged the price at the time the item is picked off the shelf, scanned and added to your basket.

Thats what i said, when they're picking your items they're totalling on the fly, so you get charged the price at the time the item is picked off the shelf, scanned and added to your basket.
    You said the price was charged when the items were dispatched from the store which could be a day later in some circumstances. the charge doesn't hit your card untill goods are dispatched from the store.

you're getting confused.

when an item is picked from shelf they scan it in, the price it scans at is the price you pay for the item.
    When the picking is finished they total it up and charged to your card.

If you have an issue with a price or product you can reject the product when its delivered and rejected items get credited back to your card.

if you order today for delivery next friday, your shopping won't be picked until next friday, therefore you pay the price that is labelled on friday. The website only provides an estimated cost and i think it states that somewhere.

Advertisement