Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the average waiting list for a shoulder surgery?Please help.

Options
  • 02-12-2012 9:29pm
    Site Banned Posts: 21

Hi,I have dislocated my shoulder 5 times and again 4 months ago,I have been told that I need surgery after an MRI revealed severe damage..The doctor has put me on the waiting list 2 weeks ago and told me it will only take a month or 2..Somehow I dont believe this because I know people who are on waiting lists for nearly a year for surgeries..Problem is I was due to go away to australia in March but I need to get this surgery done first because I cant work now because my shoulder is very unstable,my Visa will expire next June if not used and I cant get another visa so I really need this surgery in December or January at the latest because there is a 4 to 6 month recovery period where I will be unable to work..Is there any way to speed up this operation?I was thinking of visiting my local TD and telling him my situation.Would this help? I would not mind waiting for the surgery if I didnt have a once in a lifetime visa to use.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

A person's position on the waiting list depends on their condition, the effect it has on their way of life and a few other factors - it's not just one single long list.

You'd be better writing into James's yourself to be honest if you're concerned that the operation might be delayed.

Advertisement